AZ Spring Training question

Mar 16th, 2005, 06:04 AM
hpl
Original Poster

AZ Spring Training question

Can you "walk up" to a spring training game in the Phoenix area and get tickets or do they have to be purchased ahead? I assume Cubs games are all sold out but what about the rest?

Thanks
Mar 16th, 2005, 07:13 PM

Usually you can. If it is sold out there are generally folks outside that have tickets. People who can't make the game, etc.

I been to Peoria, and several ball parks in the Tampa area, and have gotten tickets at the gate each time.

Only exception to that is a Yankees game at Legend Field...I always get advanced tickets for that...they do sell out.

good luck.
Mar 17th, 2005, 07:32 AM

It really depends on the team you want to see and who they are playing. I just checked ticket availability for the game I already have tickets for (Angels vs Oakland at Tempe Diablo), and I can't even connect to Ticketmaster. When I search around the 'net, I'm coming up with 10 available tickets priced between $60 - $100. I paid $12 per ticket back in January. A friend of mine went to Tempe Diablo last week to see the Angels play for two games. Both games were sold out.

I think if you are will to pay a premimum price, you can get tickets. You have to remember there is only a week left of Spring Training, and most people already have their tickets. Perhaps if you went during the week, it might be better? (My tickets are for the Saturday before Easter)

But then, I think it really depends on the team you want to see. It looked like there were still seats available for the Diamondbacks/Royals game through Ticketmaster.

Search this Thread