Avoid Mary's Lake Lodge Estes Park

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Overpriced, zero customer service and dirty…
Any Colorado vacation is better than one at Mary’s Lake Lodge in Estes Park! In July 06 my family and I had a very disappointing stay at Mary’s Lake Lodge. There is rarely anyone at the front desk and when there is, they are rude and unhelpful. The ladies room is disgusting and dirty and no one is around the lobby to report this to. The food is overpriced and overcooked. There is construction going on daily and no advertised pool or hot tubs were available with no apologies. I tried to talk to the sales director because I was planning a wedding event there in November 06, but she was also rude and not helpful. When I asked who the hotel owner was, I was told by her assistant that it was the sales director! Then I was later told who it was. There was no hot water in my shower in the one-bedroom condo unit we rented and no response to our call for assistance. Then this November, my groom and I postponed our wedding. With $2400 in hand on November 5, the lodge refused suddenly to give us the room we had rented saying it was “cancelled” but that I was welcome to pay for it a second time with my two young children by my side at 9:00 at night after a dinner party hosted for about 16 people (again, at a cost of $2400!). I understand that there was a contract, however there is a spirit of hospitality and customer service that should have prevailed. But this was the theme of the hotel. "We just don't care about our customers." Each of my friends who had tried to cancel their rooms during the week prior to November 5th were told "sorry but we're keeping your money."
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 03:43 PM

After your horrible experience in July you still booked the wedding there???

I'm sorry but no sympathy here...

Next time you cancel a wedding the week before the date I suggest you personally hand each guest a cashier's check for their inconvenience.
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 04:07 PM

I too am completely confused as to why you would seek to do business in a place where you already had such a bad experience.
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 04:21 PM

Yep, don't know the reason for the postponement, but it's going to be tough to get all those guests to put money down on a room again.

This is a curious post.
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 04:29 PM

This is first post for this person. Looks like it's either a troll or someone who really is just p*ssed at that place for some other reason and made this absurd story up. No one would have such a bad stay in July and then book a wedding in the same place. IF somehow this person is serious, wow...the groom is lucky.
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 05:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
wow. So, in your eyes, the contract you signed was worthless and the only thing that really should have mattered was the "spirit of hospitality and service that should have prevailed". Did it occur to you that your cancellation may have meant that some people may have had fewer or no hours to work and no pay? Contracts matter, and this is precisely why hotels have one for events like weddings.
Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 05:17 PM

I haven't stayed at Mary's Lake Lodge but I've toured the rooms and have eaten in the restaurant at least 10 or 15 times over the past 3 years. It's our favorite place. The rooms were very appealing. We like the food and think the price is reasonable and have never had bad service in the restaurant.

Sue