Attire for dinner and a show in Las Vegas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering how dressed up one gets for a night out in Vegas. I'm assuming it's anything goes from jeans to dress pants to little black dress. Do any of the restaurants have dress codes? I know the attire for broadway shows in NYC is quite casual these days. Is that true of Vegas as well?
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 09:22 AM

In my experience, VERY much so....the anal renentive here whose greatest fear is dying and coming back as a pair of athletic shoes would be mortified.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 10:10 AM

ANYTHING goes as far as dress code for Vegas shows. It's not the way it used to be. Depending on which restaurant you go, some do have a dress code.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 10:41 AM
KVR

We tend to dress up a bit. But, we are the exception and not the norm. Las Vegas is really the only time we can wear our "nicer clothes".

I've seen people in shorts/jeans, T-Shirts, baseball caps and tennie shoes, to cocktail dresses and suits.

We are in between with DH: slacks, short-sleeved, button down the front, collared shirt and dress shoes. Me: Pant suit with beaded top and/or jacket.

You will find all kinds. Dress to what makes you comfortable.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 10:50 AM

The better restaurants have dress codes but don't adhere to them, so do whatever you want!
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 11:00 AM

The only time I have worn a coat/tie was when I was treated to dinner at Michael's at the Barbary Coast.I would probably not have been allowed in otherwise.And I'm glad I did, I felt "in the loop" so to speak.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 12:07 PM

As mentioned, Vegas is a very casual dress now. But, when you go to some shows you might feel underdressed if you show up in jeans/t-shirts, while you will see people in their jeans, it just depends on how you will feel and how you will want to look. Some restaurants do have a dress code, for the most part they will be a "dressy casual", otherwise it is typically mentioned when making a reservation. Definitely the more "hip" places you will see people dressed nice (Venetian, CP, Wynn, Bellagio, MB) places like Luxor, MGM, TI, Monte Carlo and Ny, Ny) it seems that you can get away more with those jeans/t-shirts.