Atlantis Submarine/ Helicopter Ride's

Aug 27th, 2000, 04:04 PM
Ryan

Atlantis Submarine/ Helicopter Ride's

Hello, We are going to Oahu in Sept. and wonder if the Atlantis Sub ride is worth it and also wonder if anyone can give us a good helicopter company to go with. We hear it's a must see in a helicopter for the beauty of the island. Any help will be appreciated.

Aug 28th, 2000, 03:50 PM
Adam & Eve B&B

Aloha from Hawaii,
The Atlantis experience is indeed very enjoyable ~ especially if you haven't been down in a sub before. They have some wonderful underwater terrain and even a sunken boat that harbors a wide variety of fish and turtles.
The Helicopter experience on Oahu is NOT a must. Oahu is much better seen up close and personal via hiking, biking, walking or driving.
Kauai and the Big Isle is much, much more spectacular by the air... Kauai's Na Pali Coast and Waimea Canyon are awe inspiring, while the Big Isle has the Kilauea Caldera and the active lava flows best seen from above...
If you need any more suggestions while here in the islands, please email us for more great ideas... Aloha

Aug 28th, 2000, 04:26 PM
Rick

The Atlantis sub is worth the money, however, don't go expecting to see colorful corals like they show in the ads, my wife was rather disappointed. I dive so I knew that at 100 feet everything is pretty much the same color...blue,,, also, compared to other spots the terrian is rather stark except for the ship and some artifical reefs they constructed.

Sep 5th, 2000, 03:34 PM
jenny

Go for the submarine. The view is fantastic. Make sure your film speed is 400 and up. This is great for the one's who don't want to go in the water themselves. Enjoy

Search this Thread