We will visit Atlanta for the first time next month for 2 days, 3 nights and am wondering where best to book a hotel and whether or not a car is better than MARTA.
We will visit High Museum, Aquarium, CNN, maybe the zoo, maybe MLK sites, maybe Atlanta History Center.
At night we search out places with live jazz..Any suggestions for bars or restaurants with jazz? I've heard of Dante's so far.
Walking a bit is no problem. I don't mind some inconvenience to walk if the cost of MARTA passes ( MARTA 2 day pass is $14 X 3 people) is significantly cheaper than renting a car (plus parking?? I was searching hotels on Kayak.com and out of about 150 hotels only saw one with free parking).Plus I would need to consider taxi fares for any locations not served by MARTA.
And what area would be best for a hotel location? From what I've read so far I'm guessing Midtown for nightlife and MARTA access.
Thanks for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://www.myfitnessfacts.com/amabella-skin-cream
- 2 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 3 I need help
- 4 10 day California Trip in July
- 5 Travel Shenanigans
- 6 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 7 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 8 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 9 Newport Beach restaurants
- 10 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 11 4 days in Miami
- 12 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 13 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 14 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 15 A Few days in Museums
- 16 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 17 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 18 travelling from Miami to New York
- 19 Las Vegas TR
- 20 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 21 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 22 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 23 First time in the United States
- 24 3 days San Francisco
- 25 Vacations in New Orleans