Search

watertemp and sun in aug in fll ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
watertemp and sun in aug in fll ?

Hi,
Would like to know what the water temp in fort lauderdale is right now + will there be plenty of sunshine this august , or will it be cloudy and rainy a lot ?

regards and thanks
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 12:58 PM

Can't help you with the water temperature. For Ft. Lauderdale in August, some days will be sunny, some days will be cloudy and some days will have rain - you might even be lucky and get all 3 conditions in one day. Sorry, can't get anymore specific than that.
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 01:12 PM

http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/

tells you that the average coastal water temperature in Miami Beach (not that far from Ft. Lauderdale) is 86 degrees F in August.

It's not at all uncommon to have rain every day in the summer in southern Florida. But, it typically comes in a short burst in the afternoon, cooling things off a bit and leaving you the rest of the day to enjoy the sun. Unless, of course, a hurricane comes through . . .
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 01:13 PM

Oh - and wanted to point out that my post was speaking in generalities. What the weather will be like this weekend, let alone this August, is anybody's guess. But watch the weather forecasts as your trip approaches and you'll be all set. You can get online forecasts at many places, including www.weather.com and www.accuweather.com
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 02:00 PM

I agree with the others' predictions for weather with one exception. I never find that the afternoon rain cools things off in August. I think it just makes it steamier! But later in the evening ocean breezes can provide a relief.
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 03:23 PM

Water temps have been running above normal. Weather? Steamy, hot, sunny and cloudy both, rain likely in afternoon but possible anytime. What it will not be is cold. Or cool. And like Patrick said, the rain doesn't seem to help that time of year. On the Atlantic side, I have noticed hot winds that time of year, changing to hot steamy air when it rains. Get into the pool or the ocean and enjoy.
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all !