Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/aston-waikiki-beach-hotel-984984/)

Linda_Keller Jul 13th, 2013 11:23 AM

Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel

We will be staying at this hotel on Kalakaua Ave,in Honolulu and we have in the past stayed at a hotel directly on Waikiki Beach but,we would like to save a little cash on lodging so that we can spend a few more days in Hawaii.We want to go in late October or early November.Can anyone tell me if this hotel is good and if it is very pricey?Any pros and cons.

Katzgar Jul 13th, 2013 02:48 PM

does the hotel know their prices?

carolyn Jul 13th, 2013 03:57 PM

I haven't stayed in that hotel, but I like being at that end of Waikiki. We usually stay a couple of blocks off the beach to save money since we don't spend much time in the room.

aloha Jul 14th, 2013 12:00 PM

I think it is a good location---agree with Carolyn re this being a good area. Have never stayed at this hotel, but have had great stays at another Aston property a couple of blocks away, the Waikiki Circle. I think the Circle might be a little cheaper than the Beach, you of course can compare prices for your dates on the Aston site. From these hotels, you are ALMOST on the beach, just have to cross a street and there you are. From an oceanview room, you can feel as if you are on the beach, and have a panoramic view.

Shar Jul 15th, 2013 01:19 PM

I think your best bet is to compare prices with other hotels via Kayak, bookingbudding, priceline, travelocity, expedia, etc or directly with the hotel and others surrounding it.

rjw_lgb_ca Jul 16th, 2013 08:58 AM

My DH and I stayed there in 2007. It's at the Diamond Head end of Kalakaua, so it's a bit quieter than the madness as you head toward downtown. The room was basic but perfect for our needs (comfy bed, clean, good A/C), and we sprang for an ocean view-- VERY much worth it, as our little lanai gave us exhilarating sunsets. Other than leisurely valet service for the car (you have to go on Island Time immediately, I warn you!), I can't think of anything bad. There's a small, nice pool for off-beach sunning.

The hotel restaurant, Tiki's, was good then, and it looks like it's spent money and gotten even better (and the bar is fun). The hotel also offers a very basic continental Breakfast on the Beach daily-- baked goods and a little cooler to put them in, plus fruit, coffee and juices, plus a few hot items. There's also a Wolfgang Puck's Express and Cold Stone Creamery on the hotel's ground floor.

Rates are good for Waikiki. You're across Kalakaua from the beach-- again, a fairly quiet section-- and a nice area of breakwater-protected water for dips in the Pacific. We also found it easier to get in and out of Waikiki at that end of Kalakaua, using Kapahulu to head out of the area.

But we were there SIX years ago (yes, it's time to go back! Maybe for my DH's 55th birthday...). Hopefully someone has been there more recently.

suze Jul 16th, 2013 09:07 AM

I've never stayed there but seems lots of people like it. The location is very good. I've been to the restaurant there (Tiki's).

Can't you find the prices on the website?