Assume ATM's accept European Bank cards

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 12:15 AM
David

Assume ATM's accept European Bank cards

Probably a dumb question but I assume all US banks will accept a Dutch bank card, which is not a credit card to withdraw money.

Thanks

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 01:55 AM
mh

talk to your bank and find out what network they use, it it is plus, cirrus, etc, you should be ok. I live in Germany and have for a while but that was my expereince using my cards last time I was in the states. Anyone who resides in the states care to comment? Americans use their credit cards alot, so if you have Visa, Amex or Mastercard, they are very widely accepted much more so than in europe.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 04:24 AM
Dale

I've never had trouble withdrawing cash in the Netherlands so I would guess that it should be painless for you in the U.S. As MH stated, most US ATMs are hooked into the Plus, Cirrus, Exchange, etc. networks.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 11:39 AM
xxxx

Not only can you use your ATM cards in America but you should not be subject to the surcharges generated by banks if you use their machines.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Jan

A note of caution I was given by my Canadian Bank was to make sure my Pin # only had 4 digits.
Not a dumb Question all-tho some people here will try to give you a bad time. Check your card for the PLUS or INTERAC symbols recognized here in Canada and the US.
Have fun on your trip.
Cheers,
Jan