Assist in Planning New Mexico/Sedona trip

Old Feb 8th, 1997, 07:58 PM
Bill

Assist in Planning New Mexico/Sedona trip

Santa Fe. Stay at the Inn at Loretto or the La Fonda. Don't worry about thing to do. Both hotels have all the info and are within walking distance to just about everything. There is a central reservation 800 service for Santa Fe and Albuquerque but I don't have the number handy.
Rooms should run around $125.night maybe cheaper.
Most places to eat are great.

Old Feb 8th, 1997, 08:00 PM
Bill

Santa Fe. Stay at the Inn at Loretto or the La Fonda. Don't worry about thing to do. Both hotels have all the info and are within walking distance to just about everything. There is a central reservation 800 service for Santa Fe and Albuquerque but I don't have the number handy.
Rooms should run around $125.night maybe cheaper.
Most places to eat are great.

Old Feb 19th, 1997, 09:22 PM
JA Vulaj

When in Sedona try to stay at the La Auberge de Sedona. Many of the motels/hotels are cheaper but the ambience at La Auberge is unbeatable (French country inn)! They also have a fantastic restaurant with tables overlooking the river behind the inn. My husband is a certified chef and he even loved their food! While in Sedona you should take one of the Pink Jeep Tours (unless you have a bad back). The ride is bumpy but it is the best way to see the rocky terrain of Sedona. Don't be too disappointed to see that Sedona is touristy (lots of small shops selling trinkets). The ride/view from the Phoenix area to Sedona is worth the trip! Have fun!

Old Feb 25th, 1997, 06:28 PM
Buddy

In Sedona, take drive north up through Red Rock Canyon. Be sure to get directions to Cathedral Rock (close by)...go late afternoon for sunset glow.
FANTASTIC for photos.

Old Mar 4th, 1997, 08:55 PM
Amney

Thanks to all for your replies. I appreciate the information and it will be most helpful. If anyone has any suggestions for the surrounding areas including the four corners, I would appreciate hearing about any nooks and crannies that are must sees! Thanks.

Old Mar 18th, 1997, 10:36 PM
Aram Kaprielian

I know all areas you are planning to visit pretty well, but since I live just 1+ hr. from Sedona I'll focus comments to that area... Stay at the SKY RANCH LODGE, located on Airport Mesa, this independent motel features, pool and jacuzzi, immaculately kept grounds and a serenity that is in short supply along most busy Sedona road ways. Rates are very good too. A view room will not run much more than $90 mid-week. Weekends are higher. Plan a side trip to Jerome and copper/silver mining town nestled upon Mingus mountain (30 minutes fromn Sedona, and the Clarkdale Verde River Scenic train (about $40) that will take you on a leisurely trip up the Verde Wilderness area - depending on the time of year you may see bald eagle. Also, my town of Prescott offers a very quaint historic downtown district, victorian homes and beautiful courthouse square. Enjoy.

Old Mar 22nd, 1997, 05:10 AM
Debbie

We were in Sedona in 1994 and loved it. If you go a little further to Oak Creek Canyon there is a lovely National Park on the way to a high lookout. The National Park is called Slide Rock National Park and there is a place where people slide down rocks smoothed by water. The water is very cold as it is fed by springs from the mountains. The fishing is supossed to be good there too (trout). We could see them in a little lagoon area just lounging around waiting to be caught.