Reload this Page >

Aspen, CO: Looking for suggestions on what to see and do during down time

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2005, 11:11 AM
dcespedes

Next weekend, a friend and I are headed to Aspen for the first time for a week long adult skate "camp". There will be down time so I'm looking for suggestions on things to do, places to see, trails to hike, unique stores to visit. I have a list of places to eat--Range, Rustique, Merlin's Pizza, Mezzaluna, Hickory House, Jimmy's and Pacifica--did I miss anything? Thank you in advance.

Old Jul 29th, 2005, 11:30 AM
dcespedes

I should add we will NOT have a car. Thank you!

Old Jul 30th, 2005, 03:58 AM
dcespedes

ttt

Old Jul 30th, 2005, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi dcespedes, I don't have much for you in the way of suggestions but I can tell you that when you arrive there are a gazillion brochures for activities in every hotel lobby. You won't need to worry about a car. Aspen is pretty compact and there's also a free bus that does the in town route. Lots of shopping; both upscale and funky. Tons of restaurants. Pick up one of the free restaurant magazines. They have lots of menus.

I think I would rent a bike. There's a lot to see. Also, you might want to take the shuttle to Snowmass and ride the gondola up the mountain to check out the hiking and views from there.

Have fun. It's a beuautiful place.
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I *love* Aspen, altho it was a lot "cooler" back in 1977, my first summertime visit. However, it is still a great place for strolling, shopping, people watching and hiking.

The Maroon Bells is a great hiking spot.

Ashcroft is a ghost town that is way up in the mountains and fun to explore. (There should be tours/excursions to those places)

My husband and son went on a white water rafting trip that left from a shop in town, providing transport to the rafters. Have fun!!
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 11:31 AM
dcespedes

Great suggestions, thank you both so much--the info you provided is exactly what I was looking for.