Houses to rent in Edgartown Martha's Vineyard

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hy! Please heeeeelp! Does anyone know people who are renting their houses for the summer in Edgartown? I want something cheep, not more that 1500$/ month.
Please e-mail me if you know/hear anything!
Thank you!
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:22 AM

not gonna happen, imo.
Also, you have this labelled a trip report.
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

Not even a private house or smth?
What does " labelled on a trip report" means? Should i edit my topic? Sorry, i'm new on this forum:-s
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:27 AM

For THIS summer? You are way late. Most people book their summer rentals around Christmas time.
I don't have any specific recommendations, but I would suggest you look at Vineyard Haven or Oak Bluffs instead of Edgartown. You are likely to find less expensive rentals there. I did a quick look at homeaway.com, and there are some that meet your price but they are not in Edgartown. have you tried the usual online sites? homeaway, vrbo? Call a local realtor...that's your best bet.

And finally, when you create a new post, there's a box near the bottom and it says "check this box to label this post as a trip report". You must have checked it when you posted. Its meant to make it easier for folks to find reports on a destination. No big deal, and not much you can do after the fact except email the editors and ask them to remove the tag.
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:18 AM

OP is asking for $1500 a MONTH. I don't think there is anything on the vineyard for under $400/week, is there?
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:31 AM

jubilada, I know, you're probably right...I really just glanced at homeaway, and did see a couple of places that advertised for $1000/month in OB and VH, but I didn't look closely...its possibly those were offseason rates. And they were small, most likely studio guesthouses or condos.
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for your responses.
I didn't look earlier beacause i didn't know i will come there.
I just found out and i need a place to stay in edgartown because i will work there for this summer. And other places might be too far to handle 2 jobs...
It doesn't matter if the house is smaller, like guesthouses..
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

I looked on many sites but i found only expensive rentals, that's why i'm calling your help...
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:26 AM
cw

Do you just need a room somewhere? Or share a house? Have you asked your employer for advice?
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM

http://www.mvy.com/CWT/External/WCPa...usingList.aspx
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

My employer offers me smth, but i want to share a house with my frieds cause it's much more cheep, and i don't need to stay with 5 more people that i don't know, in the same room..
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Lookin_Glass !
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:05 PM

Best of luck. I am sure there is a huge underground of seasonal rentals that seasonal workers snap up quickly. Craigslist might offer you ideas. I would also contact the Chamber of Commerce or the local paper for any other sources for seasonal housing for seasonal workers.

Oh what an adventure!
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:28 PM
cw

If you find a place, only send a deposit by a bank transfer to another bank. Don't send money by Western Union or another transfer company. There are a lot of scammers out there.
Old May 18th, 2012, 03:57 PM

Is the $1500 per month for you and your friends would pay extra - or is that to cover a whole house for a number of people? Can;t imagine there is anything but a room available for that amount of money. Martha's Vineyard is not exactly a budget area.
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Original Poster

Yes, it's for a whole house. For 8 people we need 4 rooms, and let's say 60$ each/week, it's the maximun we can aford.
Maybe there are people who are renting their houses but they didn't send their announcement in the paper or online... I know here there are , but i don't know what is the policy there.
And if you have friends who heard about anything, please let me know! And thank you very much for your responses! Have a great day !
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:55 AM

It is far too late in the pre season. Your expectations of finding lodging in
Edgartown for 8 adults and 4 bedrooms is unrealistic. I hope you prove me wrong but I truly don't think this late in the game you are going to find anything near your desires.

Any lodging that is available of that nature is very secretive and passed thru the grapevine of yearly summer staff. Newcomers are not going to be privy to that information. And those lodgings have been planned months ago.

Be prepared with the reality that employer dorm style lodging may be your only option.
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:11 AM

cw also gives sage advice.
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

Too bad that i didn't know before about that and about the town i was going to work.
I looked over craiglist and i found smth, i sent emails, now i'm waiting for answers,but i'm afraid that the low prices i saw are weekly and not monthly, and still not good....
I'll keep searching and if i don't find anyting, my last option will be the lodging my employer offers me, even if it's expensive and not in very good conditions.
Old May 19th, 2012, 09:53 AM

I'm afraid that you misunderstand. This is an upscale resort areas - and prices are just higher than that - even if you were shopping in Juanyary. Not sure where yuo are from - where that might be considered a viable rent - it simply isn't in a popular summer resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -