Reload this Page >

Arizona Trip: What Can I Add For a Couple of Days?c

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:06 PM
joey

I'm in the final stages of planning my Arizona trip at the end of April, but I still have a couple of days that I don't know what to do with. I will be visiiting Phoenix, Sedona, the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. I have thought of either taking a couple of days after Phoenix and visiting Tucson or maybe taking the two days between the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas and visiting Bryce Canyon and Zion. Which ever I do will also include driving time in that two days, basically giving me a day's time to visit either place(s). Any suggestion on which might make the better choice? Or maybe something else that I could add to this trip for a couple of days?

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:33 PM
Paul Rabe

I've been to all the places you've mentioned, more than two times each, and I recommend Tuscon for a TWO day side trip. Bryce and Zion are fabulous places to visit, but seeing them adequately would require more than a two day side trip between the Grand Canyon and Vegas. But seeing the sites of the Tuscon vicinity (Saguaro Nat Park, Old Tuscon, Tubac Xavier Mission) will make for a wonderful two day side trip from Phoenix.

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:22 AM
steve

See the area south of Tucson - Kitt Peak Observatory, Bisbee, Tombstone, Organ Pipe Nat Mon, Chirachaua Nat Mon are a few suggestions

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:52 PM
kathryn

Another vote for Tucson,try staying at the Ghost Ranch Lodge on Miracle Mile,it has bungalows set in beautiful desert gardens,pool,jacuzzi ect and is heatstoppingly cheap.Bisbee also holds many happy memories for me(I don't reccomend Nogales though).Have fun!

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:07 PM
Lenore

Zion is less than 3 hours drive from Vegas. It is so beautiful and worth a trip. Start out early from Vegas and you can be hiking right after lunch. There are lots of B&B's in Springdale which is on the edge of the Park. On your way back to Vegas be sure to stop at the Valley of Fire State Park.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 07:45 AM
wintertraveler

Will you take route 89-A from Sedona through Flagstaff to get to the Grand Canyon? It's a spectacular route (hope I got the number right) and highly recommended. Flagstaff is a good place to stop downtown for lunch on your way.

If you don't want to spend so much time driving, you could also visit Jerome, AZ for an art-buying day trip (affordable art) It's a neat old mining town turned artist's commune of sorts. Also there is a cool indian castle site nearby to explore. Montezuma's castle I think?