Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Arizona Memorial/USS Missouri (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/arizona-memorial-uss-missouri-472254/)

Fulreh Sep 5th, 2004 02:11 PM

Arizona Memorial/USS Missouri

Is there shuttle transportation from HNL airport to the USS Arizona Memorial, USS Missouri and the Pacific Naval Museum or do I have to go by taxicab? I have an afternoon to fill between flights.

kamahinaohoku Sep 7th, 2004 06:52 AM

There is no shuttle transportation I know of that goes from the airport to the Arizona Memorial. Taxicab or bus would be best. Please remember that the Arizona Memorial closes at 3pm, and when it's busy, they give out the last tickets around noon to board it.

Fulreh Sep 28th, 2004 11:44 AM

Thanks for the information. We'll catch the first shuttle flight in the morning. That should give us enough time.

Cornelius15 Oct 13th, 2004 05:13 PM

grab THE BUS pick it up on the
departures level of the HNL airport
and look for one that says Pearlridge
on it tell the driver you want off at
the stop across the road (divided)
from the Arizona Visitor Center
which will get U over to the real
Memorial that is more toward
the Ford Island Side. I believe if
the bus number will be # 20
good luck on the timing of your jaunt.

kaudrey Oct 14th, 2004 04:10 AM

We did the same thing, and we rented a car for the day. Might be a good option for you as well. It wasn't expensive, from what I recall.

Karen

Cornelius15 Oct 22nd, 2004 07:06 PM

kaudrey
the person did not say they had 1 whole
day
I have an afternoon to fill between flights.
I have ridden that bus route 20 so
many times I can sleep on the bus
and get up at the exact right stop.
stop being such a gotta drive haole.
TOO MANY CARS on O'ahu as it is.
Hell yes if they were their a day
and one whole day I too would suggest
a rental car.

lcuy Oct 23rd, 2004 01:04 PM

why, thank you Cornelius, for inserting racial slurs into a simple thread. It's those kind of comments that give locals a bad rep.

mikemo Oct 23rd, 2004 03:13 PM

Geez folks, this is a really sacred place.
Some respect, please!
M
Fmr LCDR, MC, USNR

KVR Oct 23rd, 2004 05:44 PM

There is a shuttle from the USS Arizona to the USS Missouri. It's across the parking lot from the USS Arizona at the Bowfin Submarine entrance. You can get tickets there. It was approx $30.00 p/p for the shuttle and entrance to the USS Missouri. We did the tour of both in about 6 hours. We were staying on Maui and flew in that AM around 10 and stayed all day until around 6pm when we had a flight back. We did rent a car at the airport. We experienced long secuity lines at the airport (we went Feb, 2003) and gave ourselves 2 hours to check in before the flight back as instructed, which was a good choice. Don't know if it's different now. If you have time, try a Pina Colada at the airport bar. The best I've ever had.