Arizona Christmas Trip

Sep 7th, 1997, 01:22 PM
Lee Griffin

Arizona Christmas Trip

I am planning a family trip to Arizona during the
week of Christmas. My travel agent has reccomended
The Wigwam Resort in the Pheonix/Scottsdale area.
Their web page looks good, but I am looking for some
independent evaluation.

Thanks!

Sep 8th, 1997, 11:09 AM
Karen

The Wigwam Resort is an absolutely gorgeous, very fine hotel. It is west of Phoenix, approximately 15 miles. The restaurants and golf courses are excellent. Scottsdale would be a drive from there, probably 25 miles or so. As far as the resort goes, you could not do better, but it is not close to alot of other things in the Valley of the Sun. If you are going for relaxation and don't want to rush around to all the sites, it would be great. If you want to be more in the middle of the action and close to museums, shopping, downtown Phx. and Scottsdale, you might want to consider The Arizona Biltmore, The Phoenician or Hyatt Gainey Ranch, all perfectly beautiful five star resorts. IF I were coming here for Christmas, I think I would stay at one of these three, chosen in the order listed.

Sep 27th, 1997, 06:53 AM
Richard

Having read all the entries regarding Phoenix/Scottsdale area, Karen appears to know the area very well and has excellent taste. I try to visit whenever I can take a vacation but unfortunately I can't run to the cost of the top 4 hotels mentioned. I usually stay at The Radisson Resort on Scottsdale Road. Excellent resort with good quality rooms, pre booked from England even in high season, about $65 per night.
I would be interested in a private villa rental with pool in Scottsdale, can anybody help on that??

Sep 28th, 1997, 02:44 PM
M. Heist

I have been to Phoenix/Scottsdale many times and there are several great places to stay for families. The Phoenician & The Hyatt Gainey Ranch are two of the most spectacular properties from accomodations and extracurricular activities. If you have time, stay two or three nights in Sedona (1 & 1/2 hours north of Phoenix) at The Enchantment...absolutely an all-inclusive place where you never need to leave. Great restaurants, wonderful ambience, and beautiful surroundings.

Search this Thread