Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Are there any discount sites for luxury hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 10:18 AM
Bargain

Other than luxurylink, which I find very hit and miss, and very restrictive with dates. Plus the auctions end up running over rack rate sometime anyway. So, does anyone know of other sites or sources for discounted luxury resorts? I don't think Priceline or Hotwire even represent very high end properties.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 12:23 PM
Beary

You will not find really top end places on the discount websites. Hotels like The Carlyle, The Pierre, The George V and the like don't have to discount their prices. Ever.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 01:41 PM
Sarah

I don't know if that is always true Beary. You just have to look around. I have seen the Ritz in London & Paris at discount sights. Weather or not they provided a real bargain is hard to say.

Try I have never used but a friend told me about www.site59.com Can't promise anything but it is worth a try!

Expedia worth a shot.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 01:43 PM
Sarah

I know the St. Regis here in NYC will run sales just wonder if they would broker those deals out to an agency.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 01:51 PM
Bargain

Beary, I have indeed seen Hotels such as the Carlyle, Pierre, Ritz London and Madrid, Russie, Mansion on Turtle Creek, Las Ventanas, Ventana Inn, The Point, Plaza Anthenee, Little Palm Island, Ikal del mar, The Boulders, etc, etc, on Luxurylink. So I wouldn't say they don't ever discount, they most definitely do. I'm just wondering if Luxurylink is the only site that offers them, or if there are others.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 02:06 PM
Havetoknow

Luxurylink has discounts on the top hotels in the world, from the Oriental in Bangkok, the Peninsula, Ville d'Este, The Breakers, in short, it reads like a who's who of the worlds very best hotels. And they do discount. Frequently.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 02:15 PM
natalie

I use luxurylink alot. A new site is www.wanderluxe.com. The discounts don't seem that great so far (haven't used them) but I believe they are supposed to be starting auctions too.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 02:59 PM
a

The last time I stayed at the George V my phone was tapped and I haven't gone back since.