Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Are there any airline lounges in Chicago Midway airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Chris

Maybe a Crown Room or Presidents Club? It would come in handy for those long ATA layovers.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Al

Not sure but I flew into Midway on American Airlines (I think??) about 3 years ago. There's probably an Admiral's Club but it won't do you any good unless you're a member, right? Al

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Owen O'Neill

I've had two "layovers" at Midway, both during the one trip I made on ATA. Others have had better experiences than I did but mine was horrible. Going to Denver I was stuck at Midway for 7-8 hours and just as long on the return trip (with few if any explanations offered by ATA). Extremely limited food selections and most places there close quite early - if you're going to be there late at night try to pack some snacks and drinks to bring along.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Jim Rosenberg

Chicago Midway handles a lot of low-fare carriers and it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that there are no airport club lounges at all. I certainly never noticed any and I've been through there a few times. (I can tell you for sure there is no NWA WorldClub or Continental President's Club).

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Chris

Thanks to all. I hoped there might be one there which offered a day pass. Continental does, or used to, offer a day pass for $30 or $35. It was well worth it a few times for the unlimited drinks, snacks and relaxing atmosphere. Sure makes a long layover a bit less painful. I guess since it's no one's hub it wont suprise me if there are no lounges.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Rich

American's web page says they don't have an Admirals Club at Midway. In fact, Midway's website (www.chicago-mdw.com) makes it appear that there are no airline lounges there.

I don't know whether American ever had one at MDW -- I believe they have very few flights out of MDW, and it wasn't too many years ago that they didn't fly into MDW at all, concentrating all their Chicago business at ORD. Even if they ever had an Admirals Club, it probably would have been closed with many of the others in the post-Sept. 11 downsizing. (Even Nashville International, which used to be an American hub, lost its Admirals Club in the fall).

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Chicagoan

Correction - Midway IS a hub for Southwest. But, knowing Southwest is a "low price leader" I doubt they have an executive club. They are a no frills carrier.