April Vacation, where to go?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning a trip for my family (my parents, sister, her husband, brother, wife and my spouse and myself). The vacation has to be in the US, 5 days, and between April 21 and April 28. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 01:47 PM

Let me be the first: More info! Ages, activites, budget, where are you coming from, how will you get there [fly, drive, bus, walk]how far do you want to travel???

Folks will be happy to help but you have to give them something to work with!
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

Ages:late 20s, early 30s, & early 60s Activities: pretty outdoor places, some adventure, anything fun
Transport: Flying from Midwest
Where to: continental US

Hope this helps with suggestions.
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 03:39 PM

San Diego
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 03:50 PM

Arizona - Grand Canyon, Sedona.
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:23 PM

I second the first two suggestions.

If I could go anywhere in the US, I would go back to Yosemite National Park. I can't say enough about how beautiful it is! It made a huge impression on my husband and I. There are a variety of hikes that would be appropriate for all the members in your party.

Other suggestions could be Seattle or San Francisco. They both have a very cool vibe and are beautiful. I think it would be neat to visit them in the spring.

Another possibility is Montreal, Canada. It is a beautiful city and I think it would be amazing in the spring! I realize you said the US but thought it may be a possibility since it is really not that far! Plus, it costs the same amount of miles to fly there as anywhere in the US if you are trying to use miles.
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:30 PM

Hi,

I absolutely agree with the suggestion to go to Arizona. My husband and I sneak away to Arizona and love it! It won't be too hot, but will definitely take off the winter chill and people are friendly. We stay in Scottsdale - shop at Kierland Commons, eat at one of the great restaurants (Good Egg, Cantina Laredo). The next day, we'll head to Sedona (long drive, but worth it!) for the beautiful scenery and the arts and crafts. We also love going to Taliesin West (Frank Lloyd Wright home and museum) and the Desert Botanical Garden.

It is fairly easy to get out of the city on the 101 Loop to get out into the desert to hike, mountain bike, take a Hummer tour, go up in a hot air balloon.

We enjoy the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, Doubletree Paradise Valley, Four Seasons Troon North or the Westin Kierland Resort.

Best Regards,
Julia
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 07:49 AM

Yet another vote for Arizona. A few years back we took a spring break trip to Grand Canyon, Sedona and Tucson. Got a tiny bit of snow in Grand Canyon, but in Tucson it was 85 degrees. Beautiful area of the country. You can fly into Phoenix (plenty of low-cost carriers) and rent a car.
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 07:56 AM
Ike

Santa Fe, NM.......
Banff, Canada........
Seattle, WA.........
Napa, CA.........
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 03:15 PM

Another vote for Napa/Sonoma if you like wine and good food. You can also make a side trip into San Franciso if interested or to place like Point Reyes National Seashore and the scenic Sonoma Coast, even up to Mendocino/Fort Bragg.
Atlernative Seattle and Puget Sound.
Enjoy!
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 03:35 PM

I like Arizona and San Diego also throw in Mustang or Padre Island, Tx.
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 04:13 PM

A beautiful, relaxing location with
adventurous possibilities is Zion National Park. We love that place! Fly to Las Vegas, rent a car, and you will be there in 2 hrs time - and well worth it! Wonderful strolling or hiking. Red rock canyons with ferns and waterfalls. No crowds. We prefer to stay inside the park at Zion Lodge.
www.zionlodge.com