Las Vegas Restaurants

Old Sep 1st, 2008, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas Restaurants

I am talking my wife to Vegas, and want to surprise her to a nice dinner. I heard that there is a restaurant that gives each lady guest a flower during the meal. HELP!!!
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 07:15 PM

I believe that is Hugo's Cellar on Fremont street downtown. It's "old school".
http://www.hugoscellar.com/

One thing to keep in mind about Vegas. You think you might be saving money going off strip, but a cab ride round trip can make a huge difference to the cost of the evening.

If you walk to a nearby restaurant, and skip the $15-20 cab each way, that is a nicer dinner closer to your hotel.

We took a cab to see the Fremont experience downtown and it was $15 each way from the Bellagio...that was 18 months ago. It's probably a lot more now.

So...maybe if you dine near your hotel, you can plan in advance to have flowers at the table...just an
idea!

bk
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 07:44 PM

Did taxis in Vegas earlier this week - initial fee $3.50 plus 0.53 per 1/5 mile; so about $18.00 for 6 miles;

the cost of fuel was $3.65 per gal

We have had intimate dinners at Emeril's at MGM and ONDA at Mirage; also recv'd a rose at the Mandalay Brunch

Have fun
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 08:36 PM

We had a great anniversary dinner at Delmonico's/Emeril's steakhouse in the Venetian last year. The couple at the next table celebrate their anniversary there every year. On other trips we had a special dinners in the eiffel tower restaurant in the Paris hotel --be sure to get a window table overlooking the Bellagio fountains--lovely when the sun goes down and lights on the Strip go on. Beautiful view, not a crowded or noisy place, and a very unique Vegas experience.
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 05:02 AM

Our 20th anniversary dinner was at the Eiffel tower restaruant. (Just after we renewed our vows with Elvis).

It was a very special place and although we didn't get to sit next to the window, it was still great.

Emeril's is great too, I love dining there.

Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 05:45 PM

Like beachkomer, my wife and I renewed our vows on our 10th anniversary last December with Elvis and then had a terrific dinner at Binions Ranch Steakhouse downtown. Bruce, the chauffeur at the Elvis Chapel, highly recommended this place. We returned there this past May for another fabulous meal. At night the view from a window table of the entire Las Vegas Valley is simply spectacular. The steaks are great and the service is impeccable. Ask for one of Bill's tables. Two people can eat there with wine and leave a tip for about $200.00 If a cab is too expensive, take the Duce bus from the strip and try to get a seat in the second level.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 08:32 AM
skj

My husband & I go to Hugo's Cellar almost every time we go to LV - we really enjoy going off the strip and seeing a different view of things. We enjoy visiting Fremont Street - it is like walking into the Vegas of old. Hugo's has great food and the rose is certainly a nice little touch. We always stay on the strip but we leave the strip for at least one evening.
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 08:45 AM

Hugo's Cellar is one of the best places we have eaten.
Old Sep 13th, 2008, 07:09 AM

We went to the Eifel Tower restaurant too (get reservations in advance), it was so romantic, great service and great food. We decided to send my brother in law and his wife to dinner there for their honeymoon as a wedding gift since they were going to Vegas for a mini-moon. They also thought it was the best dinner experience they've ever had! He specifically commented that they each had a different style of pototo for a side and they both were the best pototos he'e ever had (you might say he's a pototo connoisseur). Definately a special and memerable experience. Unfortunately it raised my standards too. My husband had the beef tournedos there and we ordered that dish again on a Celebrity cruise and it didn't come any where close to the Eifel Tower's version.
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 11:25 AM

My husband and I have had dinner at both Emeril's New Orleans and Delmonico restaurants. They are both fabulous for atmosphere, food and service. We plan on going back to one of them in October.
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 05:38 PM

book marking
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 07:45 AM

Buses to Freemont street run often, are safe and inexpensive.
Most also will have a little local "color" to add to your experience.
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 07:47 AM

Just noticed the date on the orginal post.
Dinner is now probably over and done with!!!
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 12:09 PM

We always go to Emeril's Delmonicos Steak House at The Venetian whenver we're in Vegas...they pay all their attention to the presentation and preparation of the food...awesome service!
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 08:00 PM

So many great places to eat in Las Vegas!
Don't be afraid to rent a car. For the price of one cab ride you can have a car all day.
My favorites: breakfast- Hash House Agogo. Funny name, but a great local place with super large portions , great food, and moderate prices. Located on West Sahara a few miles off the strip. For dinner I have two favorites: Carluchios, located on Tropicana next door to the Liberaci museum. Great local Italian place. Second is Noras Italian Cuisine on Flamingo. If you like good food, you can't go wrong with these. Good luck.
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 09:35 AM

Bookmarking