Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anyone with experience with the Bentley (upper east side) in NYC?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Apple lover

Anyone ever stayed at the Bentley on East 62nd? Any comments about it or the neighborhood?

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Val

Stayed there in the summer just gone. Would definetly recommend it, unless you prefer to be in the heart of the city because it is not. But what it has going for it are spacious rooms with elegant furnishings in nice muted earthy tones(ours was a one bedroom suite, very spacious and comfortable and with a view of the 59th street bridge, and a good enough sized bathroom), rate of 125.00 per night included continental breakfast. We did not mind the location or the neighbourhood at all, after all it is the upper east side. We had fun walking around the neighbourhood and discovering lots of resturants from the simple to the very chic and trendy, even a comedy club a block away (Dangerfields). Also lots of green grocers and places where you can get fresh fruit and juices. The nearest subway is quite a hike at Lexington and 59th but in the warm weather it was fine and when we did not feel like the walk, we took taxis which were plentiful in the area. I would stay at that hotel again in a heartbeat.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Apple lover

Thanks, Val -- can you believe I got a rate of $119/night, just by going directly to their own website?

Cross your fingers re:the weather for 3rd weekend in Feb. -- don't mind walking, but I know things can turn nasty quickly, and this is a quick-getaway 4-day weekend to reward ourselves for a rough winter (so far).

Anyone know, by the way, if there's some limo service from there (or near there) to LaGuardia?

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 02:02 PM
J

You can call any number of dial car services to pick you up wherever you want and take you to LaGuardia. My favorite is Allstate---call information for the number.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 03:08 AM
Val

That's great Apple Lover - go ahead and enjoy your trip. You will be just fine at the Bentley and you can always take cabs to get around if the weather is really nasty. It is easy to pick up a cab right outside the hotel and you can arrange for transportation back to the airport through the hotel reception. We found them to be very helpful in that regard. Let us know how things turn out when you return.