Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Anyone want to go to newport, RI for one great nite at the Francis Malbone house????please help me out!
Notices

Anyone want to go to newport, RI for one great nite at the Francis Malbone house????please help me out!

Sep 25th, 2000, 06:05 PM
edie

Anyone want to go to newport, RI for one great nite at the Francis Malbone house????please help me out!

I made a one night reservation at the Francis Malbone House for our first Anniversary, Oct. 8-9. We found out today that my husband got a new job, starts monday oct 2, and DOES NOT have Columbus Day off. he's in a training class, so missing a day, even if they would give it to him, would be a problem in terms of what he needs to learn.
anyway, they have a policy for one night stays where you basically give them a "deposit" of the full nites rate. AND if you cancel within 2 weeks, which we are doing, you forfeit the ENTIRE amount unless they rebook.
this is where you all come in. if anyone is interested, it's Octoberfest in Newport that weekend, with tons of stuff to do besides the usual. the room we had reserved is a courtyard room with french doors out to a semi-private garden. the place is outstanding, period antiques, etc. they have a website, Malbone.com for pictures.
so if you're looking for a last minute get away, this would really really help me out.
thanks!

Sep 26th, 2000, 06:39 AM
edie

Just putting this higher....
thanks!

Sep 26th, 2000, 06:42 AM
Leta

If you could pay for my plane fare out there, I would go in a minute! It sounds wonderful!! Anyway, I hope you find someone.

Search this Thread