Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Anyone stayed at Poipu Shores, Kanaloa, or Hale Kai O'kihei?

Anyone stayed at Poipu Shores, Kanaloa, or Hale Kai O'kihei?

Jan 12th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Sharon

Anyone stayed at Poipu Shores, Kanaloa, or Hale Kai O'kihei?

My husband, 20 yr daughter, and I are taking my parent's to Hawaii in May for their 50th anniv dream trip. I have selected accommodations as follows and would love any feedback - rather keep looking than stay in a total dump. We are averaging about $200 a night for 2 or 3 bedroom oceanfront condo's at each location. I don't expect the Ritz but don't want the Budget Inn either!
Kuai - Poipu Shores
Big Island - Kanaloa
Maui - Hale Kai O'Kihei
Thanks!

Jan 12th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Pat

Poipu Shores is very nice, you will like it!
Another one you would like is Kuhio Shores, also a condo and about the same price.

Jan 14th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Dawn Ct

We stayed at the condos at Kanaloa at Kona. The unit we had was absolutely lovely; high ceilings, huge master bath with a bidet, double shower and jaccuzzi. The furnishings were beautiful and the lanai was a very good size. We actually enjoyed cooking meals. There was a gas grill that was quite close to our unit, so grilling was easy. The location is such that to do anything or go anywhere, a car is essential. Our first trip to the Big Island included a stay at the Hilton Waikaloa Village so our teenage boys missed that atmosphere but for condo accommodations, I couldn't have been more pleased.

Search this Thread