Anyone stay at The Cliffs Club, Kauai?

May 16th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Anyone stay at The Cliffs Club, Kauai?

Aloha,
I have an option of staying at The Cliffs Club in Princeville (an RCI timeshare exchange) I'd like to know if anyone has stayed there or is familiar with it. The units don't have a/c and I'm wondering if it will be too hot at the end of May. Any feedback about this place?
Thanks!
May 17th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

topping : )
May 17th, 2006, 03:39 PM
lvk

Hi Lauricelli,

Sorry you're not getting any responses. Did you check the tug2.net website? There is a membership fee, but it's worth it to get reviews of the resorts.

For what it's worth, the family sitting across from us at the Princeville Luau last August were owners of 2 weeks a year at the Cliffs, and they really love it.
May 17th, 2006, 05:35 PM

RichinPA is a poster here, and he and his wife have stayed there regularly for many years. I met them at a Fodors GTG last summer at Princeville and they had good things to say about the place. Maybe he'll show up and give you some first hand feedback. Have your read any reviews at tripadvisor?

-Bill
May 20th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I did check tripadvisor and there were good and bad reviews. I believe the units at the Cliffs Club are individually owned so it's the luck of the draw.
I hope it's not too hot because they don't have a/c. It won't be bad for me but my DH is another matter.
Is the Princeville luau a good one? I really love hula.
I've booked our first three nights at the Hyatt. I'm excited about that and hope it lives up to expectations. I haven't seen the rooms but the grounds are beautiful. Plus, it's close to Roy's. Yea.
May 20th, 2006, 12:30 PM
iceeu2

Lauri, I just topped a thread for you called Kauai in June. I had just asked about a/c at The Cliffs and got a response there.