Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Anyone recently stay at the Wilderness Lodge - Could I get your comments on your stay. (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/anyone-recently-stay-at-the-wilderness-lodge-could-i-get-your-comments-on-your-stay-85003/)

b thompson Aug 31st, 2000 06:36 AM

Anyone recently stay at the Wilderness Lodge - Could I get your comments on your stay.

I have read a few negative things about this resort such as the room being rather small and the walls thin (allowing noise to come in). <BR> <BR>What was your room like and how about the hotel in general. <BR> <BR>How hard will it be to get to Magic Kingdom, MGM and Animal Kingdom. <BR> <BR>

Nancy Sep 2nd, 2000 09:34 AM

Go to this site! It will help you with all your disney questions. <BR> <BR>http://209.1.93.30/password/club:/hall.shtml <BR> <BR>I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge on opening day, I love it!! It is our first choice of somewhere to stay on property. Trust me, it is nice. <BR> <BR>There is a boat shuttle over to the Kingdom & there are buses that run to the other attractions & to the main TTC (ticket, transportation center). <BR> <BR>The Wilderness is wonderful. Here is another site that will give you information about all the hotels on property & show pictures. <BR> <BR>http://wdwig.com/faq_hot.htm <BR> <BR>If you have anymore questions I would be happy to answer them. <BR>

Sal Sep 2nd, 2000 08:30 PM

We stayed at Fort Wilderness once but haven't been back. There are several other hotels on the property that we prefer. <BR> <BR>I would agree with the review regarding the room size. We found them very small. We did not find that the hotel was noisy at all. <BR> <BR>The public areas are very interesting and the launch to the Magic Kingdom was very convenient. It all depends on what you want. There are a lot of hotels to choose from so do your research. <BR> <BR>One problem we had was getting a table at the restaurant. The main dining room is very small for a hotel of that size and we could not be seated a couple of times.

nancy Sep 4th, 2000 05:35 AM

Don't confuse the Wilderness Lodge with Ft. Wilderness. <BR> <BR>Ft. Wilderness is the campground. It is adjacent to the Wilderness Lodge but unless you look for it you won't find it. <BR> <BR>If you camp it is a very nice campground. Make sure you are a Magic Kingdom Club member & you can get great deals!

Kathleen Sep 4th, 2000 07:55 AM

And if you don't want to camp the Ft Wilderness homes and cabins are equivalent to 1 bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, TVs and VCRs for the kids. One type (can't remember which) has a nice size deck with grill.

Sharon Sep 5th, 2000 09:41 AM

My family and friends of my son's have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge twice. I will continue to stay there and we do plan another trip in year 2001. Our room opened to the pool area and we had rabbits eating around the yard near our patio. The trip to Magic Kindom, Universal, etc. was no problem - neither was Typhoon Lagon or Blizzard Beach. We enjoyed everything the Wilderness Lodge had to offer. We love mountain the mountain setting it features. If you've ever been to Old Faithful Lodge in Yellowstone, it favors that lodge wonderfully. I will not stay anywhere's else on the properties!!! <BR> <BR>Good Luck and let me know how you like it. Maybe we'll see you there?? LOL <BR> <BR>Sharon

penny Sep 5th, 2000 10:17 AM

We returned from the Wilderness Lodge a week ago, and I too would recommend it highly. We've stayed at a number of places at Disney, and this ranks as one of the top ones. <BR> <BR>None of the Disney rooms are very big, in any of their hotels. And we found our room to be very quiet--in fact, we commented more than once on how good the soundproofing seemed to be. Taking advice from people in this forum (I think) and in the forum at wdwinfo.com, we requested a room on at least the fourth floor. That gets you up and away from any lobby noise. We were on the fifth floor as a result, and I don't know if that went to help with soundproofing. <BR> <BR>Whispering Canyon, the grill restaurant, is great though expensive--try it at least one night. And don't forget to buy the refillable mugs. <BR> <BR>I suggest you go to wdwinfo.com and wdwig.com for more information pertinent to visiting Disney. I love this Forum at Fodor's, but those two are so full of info about Disney that this forum couldn't possibly keep up. Even though my opinion is that most of those contributors need to get non-Disney-related lives, their comments are helpful. wdwig.com has photos of the various hotels that are interesting. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps!

Regina Oct 2nd, 2000 08:35 AM

I love this hotel!! We have stayed there 3 times in the past 2 years. The rooms are on the small side, but when at Disney, you don't spend much time in the rooms. As far as getting to the Magic Kingdom, it's an easy and fun launch ride. We had a car which we used to go to the other parks, so I don't know how hard it is to use Disney transportation to get to them (but it's an easy drive w/ a car). This is by far my favorite WDW hotel and I am looking forward to the 2001 opening of the Villas at Wlderness Lodge since I prefer 1-2 bedroom villas rather than a single hotel room.