Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anyone know DiCicco's Italian restaurant in Old Arvada, Denver?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2005, 09:25 AM
MaureenB

My girlfriends and I are TRAVELING to this part of Denver and need a get-together place prior to seeing our play at the Arvada Center, for drinks and a light meal/appetizers. Anyone have any experience there? Nice atmosphere, good food?

Old Jul 19th, 2005, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MaureenB,

Hopefully, someone will respond to your query. If no one does, however, I have a suggestion for you. Call "The Restaurant Show" on KEZW (1430 AM). They have an audience-participation type program which now runs M - F at 5pm. Even if the host (Warren Byrne) isn't familiar with DiCicco's, cahnces are someone will call in who has been there recently. It's kind of like putting a question here and awaiting a response.

Their number is 303-631-1430 and it's usually pretty easy to get through.

Good Luck!

AL
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 08:37 PM

I think this restaurant is pretty bad, especially food-wise. Expensive and I would barely even call it Italian. Maybe you can find another option by looking here and clicking on nearby restaurants. I think there are better choices. http://denver.citysearch.com/profile...umanities.html
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 08:11 AM
MaureenB

Thanks for the ideas. I wasn't aware of the radio or the web resources. I'll check them out. Connette, have you eaten there?

Old Jul 20th, 2005, 09:39 AM

Yes, that is why I made the comments. I would not have if I had not eaten there and been very disappointed. It is probably the worst Italian I have ever had. I can make better than that and I am a terrible cook. It is also much more expensive than good food.
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 05:20 PM
MaureenB

Yikes, connette, I am going to be in trouble... as 6 of my closest friends and I are meeting there this weekend. Oh, well, it will be the company we keep that makes the evening! We are driving from all over the metro area, so that Old Arvada area will be a good meeting place before we go to the Center's play. Maybe we'll spy something we like better and ditch out on our reservation...

Old Jul 20th, 2005, 05:33 PM

Maureen,
Maybe the Arvada Center would have a restaurant suggestion. Just a thought.
Betsy
Old Jul 24th, 2005, 09:30 AM
MaureenB

We ate at DiCicco's Italian last night, and I have to say it was perfectly fine for what we needed: a very cute place, in charming Old Arvada (which I didn't even know existed), with very accomodating service for seven women who have a 'curtain call' to make, etc.

They seemed to be very used to having dinner parties of that size at 5:30-- our table was ready when we arrived, our waitress even offered to do separate checks which I haven't heard of in years.

The food was good enough, the bread hot and fresh. I had chicken/mushroom marsala ravioli that I liked a lot, with a nice Pinot Grigio. We really were perfectly happy there.

It may not be the place for a romantic couple's evening, where you want to savor every bite and linger over dessert, but it's ideal for what we needed.

(The DiCicco family has about 8 Italian restaurants in California, and just this one in Colorado. So the recipes are old family ones, which makes for some interesting menu choices, I thought.)

P.S. The production of The Full Monty at The Arvada Center is hysterically funny and extremely well-done.

Old Aug 9th, 2005, 06:46 PM

I've been eating at DiCicco's since I could chew food (I'm from Fresno), and my parents have been eating there since they were in college. If anyone has thought about eating there, please ignore any of the negative comments. It is simply the best italian food that you can get (and my family is italian). I've taken several friends up to the Arvada location, and they've all loved it. I suppose that because people have gotten used to the "watered down" italian of places like Olive Garden, that this might not appeal to them, but if you want authentic italian food with a warm, friendly atmosphere, head up to DiCicco's!