Reload this Page >

Anyone in the Tampa Bay/beaches area?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 04:35 PM
Joyce

Looking for some advice on where to eat on Thanksgiving in that area. Our group consists of my husband and I, our 3 grown daughters, their spouses and a total of 7 grandchildren. We've heard there's a lovely Christmas parade and concert in Bradenton Beach on Thanksgiving night and that the nearby Beach House might be a good choice for dinner. We're staying in Indian Rocks Beach - is that too far a drive? Thanks for any advice from you locals.

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 08:19 AM
melinda

It is not that long of a drive but the with holiday traffic it might be a nightmare. The Wine Cellar is right where you are staying and it has been around forever and serves consistantly good food. Salt Rock Cafe is another really good restaurant in your area.

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 08:40 AM
George

I don't about Thanksgiving fare but I do know of a bowling ball headed uncle of mine who lives in Indian Rocks Beach. He's the scourge of the neighborhood for his feeding of the animals. Buys cheap hot dogs, goes out into his back yard, and calls, "Coons! Coons!" and racoons flock to his backyard.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 12:27 PM
barb

Indian Rocks Beach to Bradenton Beach would probably take you a good one hour drive. Previous poster recommended Wine Cellar which has been around for a while and has a European Flair, and Salt Rock Grill which is fairly new and "THE" place to go! It can get pricey, but the food has always been excellent.
Further up the Beach to Clearwater Beach you will find the Clearwater Beach Hotel which has a nice dining room. Also, there is Bob Heilmans Restaurant which has been a favorite family dining spot. The Adams Mark on Clearwater Beach has been recently renovated is another possibility. Hope you have a great time. Weather the past week has been wonderful!

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 12:30 PM
millie

there is a great restaraunt named Johnny Leverocks, great seafood! They have a website, i am not sure what the address is but you can do a search for it.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 12:36 PM
swamp buggee

Joyce, we found a place called Red Lobster on US19 in Clearwater, just north of Tampa, which has some great seafood at reasonable prices. Might be worth a look.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 12:42 PM
millie

red lobster is good, but you can eat red lobster any where, try a place you might not ever get a chance to eat at again.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 01:00 PM
swamp buggee

Millie, I beg to disagree. Joyce and family are going to get a consistent level of service and quality at Red Lobster. The risk of disappointment is low. Plus, good value!

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 01:36 PM
millie

the quality of service at leverocks is wonderful and the "fresh" seafood is awesome, but it is up to joyce where she wants to go.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 01:41 PM
millie

in case you want to check out the website, the address in www.leverocks.com there is one in clearwater beach and in bradenton.