Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Anyone heard of Dobson Ranch in Mesa? Also ... Sunburst vs. Radisson in Scottsdale?

Anyone heard of Dobson Ranch in Mesa? Also ... Sunburst vs. Radisson in Scottsdale?

May 12th, 2003, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Anyone heard of Dobson Ranch in Mesa? Also ... Sunburst vs. Radisson in Scottsdale?

Will be coming to Arizona in October and spending a few days in Phoenix area; will also be visiting relatives in Mesa during this time. Am considering the Dobson Ranch Inn in Mesa (if we decide to stay in Mesa). Has anyone heard of this or familiar with it or it's location? If we decide to stay in Scottsdale am considering the Sunburst Resort or the Radisson Resort ... I have a 50% off coupon that is good at the Radisson so the rate will actually be a bit lower than the Sunburst.

There has been quite a bit of discussion on this forum regarding the Sunburst so I have a good idea what to expect, but what about the Radisson? Can anyone comment on this property compared to the Sunburst both in terms of location and amenities. Also, how long would it take to drive to the Mesa area (relatives live on the eastern outskirts of Mesa)?
May 12th, 2003, 08:06 PM

Cher,
I have stayed at the Sunburst Hotel many years ago. We enjoyed it immensely back then. It has very large rooms as I remember. It is located on Scottsdale Rd. not to far from Fashion Square Mall. The Radisson is very nice also. It is an older property located further north on Scottsdale Rd. It was originally the Registry Resort, but bought out by Radisson a few years back. Even though they are older resorts, am sure you will enjoy either one of them.
I don't know about the Dobson Ranch Inn.
Francie
Jun 18th, 2003, 07:24 PM

I was not impressed by the Radisson. I spent several days there last winter for a wedding party and for what you pay for a room they did an awful lot of "nickel and dime-ing". They actually charged me $.25 a day on my hotel bill for delivering the morning paper. Also charged $4.00 for bottled water in the room. Seemed run down and not worth the "Scottsdale" prices. I would look elsewhere.

Search this Thread