Reload this Page >

Anyone flown out of Hartsfield lately?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 03:00 PM
GatorGirl

Flying on Wednesday to Orlando.....haven't flown since Sept 14 out of Hartsfield and wondering how bad security is going to be? (Yes I was on one of the 1st planes out of Hartsfield after Sept. 11, the place was deserted, it was a breeze, things have obviously changed since then!) Should I allow the 2 hours like they say, not taking any carryons except a laptop and a purse........

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:05 PM
Owen O'Neill

I flew out of Hartsfield several weeks ago and was dismayed by the size of the line for security (arrived at about 2:45PM for a 4:30 flight). The line was huge and I do mean huge - probably several hundred people or more. The good news is that they were incredibly well organized and efficient. It took exactly 20 minutes for me to get from the end of the line to the other side. I had one small carry-on case and a laptop. I've been in a line 1/4 that size at Newark that took 25 minutes.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:50 PM
Delta Flyer

Up until a few weeks ago, I flew in and out of Hartsfield twice each week. Although the Burger-Flippers are still manning the xray machines, the security process has become more efficient. If you're flying on Wednesday, you don't need to arrive 2 hours early... the peak days are Thursdays & Fridays.

Just remember to have your intinerary / ticket with you so you can go straight to the security line. ***BTW, SkyMiles members can now check in and print their boarding cards online a maximum of four hours prior to flight departure at delta.com/checkin. This was originally limited to Medallion members but has recently been introduced to all Delta customers who have a SkyMiles account... in case you get delayed for some reason, this secures you a seat even if you show up at the gate 10 minutes before the flight takes off.

I also agree that it shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes to stand in line, go through the xray machine, jump on the rail system, and arrive at the gate. Try to be at the airport 1.5 hours before you are scheduled to fly out and you should have not problems.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 02:01 AM
Cindy

We just flew in and out of there this weekend and even though the lines looked ferocious(!) it was a breeze. We only allowed ourselves one hour both days and did fine.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 04:35 AM
GatorGirl

Thanks guys! I was hoping they had figured things out by now........