Reload this Page >

Anyone been to the Del Coronado lately?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 06:11 PM
kathy

I will be spending a week at the Del at the end of the month. I understand that there is a union-organized boycott going on there and this is making me a little nervous. Can anyone tell me how this might affect our stay there. Also, are the renovations completed?

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 06:12 PM
X

Please include city/state/region name in message title, EVEN if you are picking a state from the "keyword list"

Author: helpful ([email protected])
Date: 6/28/2001, 2:46 pm ET

Message: I've noticed a lot of ambiguous message titles lately, and many people responding in frustration along the lines of "Why don't you say what state/city you're talking about?!?!

Posters AND readers may not realize/remember that when you post a message you are given the option of both a message and a 'keyword'.
For example, someone might use "best hotel" as a message and choose "arizona" from the keyword list, not realizing that the keyword does NOT show up in the message title or text, and is only useful for searching among all the posts.

I really enjoy this forum, but I don't want to 'waste' my time reading posts on topics I thought were about something else, nor do I think posters deserve rude (ok, frustrated)
responses to their posts because they are unaware of how the system works.

If you kind Fodorites agree with me, why not bump this message up periodically so others can take note of it.
Thank you !

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 06:30 PM
HH

If people don't know where the Del is they can simply bypass the question, right?
If they don't know where it is they won't be able to offer any input certainly.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 03:58 AM
Uptight

Helpful, It looks like you ARE wasting your time responding to all of the post you don't find acceptable. Relax.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 08:21 AM
kam

The Hotel Del is in San Diego and is a grand old place on an island off the coast. I haven't been there recently, don't know of a labor difficulty. Can anyone actually answer Kathy's question?

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 02:14 PM
gail

Doing a text search (as you obviously already did) the action is mentioned with a 7/1 date. You might try calling the hotel or the Chamber of Commerce. I know when I was there a couple months ago one of the employees was extremely surly to me.I couldn't figure it out, now I see there must have been labor issues surfacing at the time.Hope you have a great time sipping mudslides on the deck!