Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Anyone been to Samplings restaurant in Frisco, CO? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/anyone-been-to-samplings-restaurant-in-frisco-co-595226/)

amwosu Feb 28th, 2006 04:58 PM

Anyone been to Samplings restaurant in Frisco, CO?

I love using www.opentable.com and stumbled upon Samplings and found their website makes my mouth water? Anyone have a review?

LoveItaly Feb 28th, 2006 05:38 PM

Hi amwosu, I am not familar with Samplings but there sure are a lot of wonderful restaurants in SF.

May I gently make a suggestion? People in San Francisco tend to not like their city called Frisco. It is best to use the full name or just SF if you are writing is fine. Best wishes and let us know how this restaurant is!

padams421 Feb 28th, 2006 05:53 PM

I believe the OP is referring to a town in COLORADO named "Frisco". It's near Breckinridge ski resort.

JRP Feb 28th, 2006 05:55 PM

Thanks, Love. I'm sure, though, that she means Frisco, Colorado in Summit County.
No, amw. I've been to a few throughout the area but not Samplings. I'll ask around. Many friends at work also visit Frisco, Dillon, Breck, etc. quite often.

LoveItaly Feb 28th, 2006 06:00 PM

UHM, yes that is CO and not CA is it not? Sorry amsosu, I am the one that erred, I didn't read your title correctly. No wonder I have never heard of Samplings! And thanks padams and JRP for catching my mistake.

vinceneil Feb 28th, 2006 06:01 PM

if LoveItaly paid closer attention to the title of this thread, she would have saw that it clearly indicates "Frisco" followed by a CO, not a CA.

crefloors Feb 28th, 2006 06:33 PM

Would have "saw"? LoveItaly very graciously appologized for her mistake so why the comment?

vinceneil Feb 28th, 2006 06:38 PM

her post didnt exist before i began mine

LoveItaly Feb 28th, 2006 07:20 PM

My goodness vinceneil, you must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed today. Hope tomorrow is more pleasant for you.

FYI my second post is clocked in at 10:00pm. Yours is clocked in at 10:01pm. AND YES MR. GRUMPY, I AGREE, IF I HAD PAID MORE ATTENTION TO THE TITLE I WOULD NOT HAVE MADE THE ERROR I DID!!!! Anything else you want to gripe about, LOL.

vinceneil Feb 28th, 2006 07:33 PM

yeah, as a matter of fact. you ignored the post i did at 10:38, which explained i didnt see your other post. skim reader are we, ehh??

amwosu Feb 28th, 2006 07:41 PM

No harm LoveItaly. SF is on the to-do list for the next year. I'll take your advice to heart.

Back to Samplings, when I checked reservation time availability for Saturday they only have a 5:45pm time so it makes me think its at least a fairly popular restaurant. Even on Sunday I can't reserve anything close to 7pm.

JRP, wish I had more time so we could share a drink and talk about our favorite team. DH will be in Denver for a meeting Thursday & Friday, picks me up at DIA in the evening then we're careening toward Copper as fast as possible. My brother bought lots of Four Passes in the fall so at least the skiing will be inexpensive! Can't wait!

LoveItaly Feb 28th, 2006 08:29 PM

OK vinceneil, your second post wasn't clear. But a question..but don't bother answering it please. In fact I will make it a comment not a question. In that padams and JRP nicely adivsed me that I had erred why did you feel the need to add your comment "if I had paid closer attention". Such a waste of effort and so unnecessary unless you enjoy belittling people.

amwosu, I am glad you are coming out to SF next year. And have fun in Colorado, everyone does. Hope you get a reservation worked out at Samplings. Maybe someone will cancel at the last minute. Take care.

yale Mar 1st, 2006 06:31 AM

amwosu - if you go I'd love to hear how it is. My husband and I stay in/near Frisco a lot this time of year and we're always looking for new places to eat.

amwosu Mar 1st, 2006 07:34 AM

yale- I made a reservation and I'll let you know how we like the place.

Catbert Mar 1st, 2006 07:59 AM

If you can get a copy of the CME magazine (maybe see if you can get one at their desk at the airport?) they have a 10% off coupon.

amwosu Mar 1st, 2006 10:25 AM

Catbert- does CME stand for Colorado Mountain...., Copper Mountain....?

And good suggestion! Thanks.

Coskier Mar 1st, 2006 10:28 AM

The Chef that opened Samplings is gone. I have not heard good things lately

seattlescuba Mar 1st, 2006 11:57 AM

Samplings
320 Main Street
Frisco, CO 80443

Phone: (970) 668-8466

Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 6:00pm, 9:00pm - close
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm

Payment Options:
AMEX, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

there is also a city called Frisco, Texas. I dont think they have a Samplings there yet, but maybe soon they will get one, Samplings is a nice place to eat in Frisco, CO.

BLYVAIL Mar 1st, 2006 01:45 PM

CME - Colorado Mountain Express.

Van transfer company that runs door to door service from the airport to the mountains.

amwosu Mar 1st, 2006 02:37 PM

Thanks BLYVAIL- I've even used them to get my son to Aspen but it didn't ring a bell. I was thinking in terms of a newspaper name.

So where else should we go Coskier? I think we'll keep the reservation since its just for tapas on Sunday night. If its nothing special I won't be too disappointed.