Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anyone been to Kauai Coconut Beach Resort?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 03:21 PM
Barb Berrie

We saw a great deal on the internet for the Kauai Coconut Beach Resort and wanted to know if anyone has had a good or bad experience there and how does it compare with other reasonably priced properties in Kauai. The price was Ocean front room including buffet breakfast for $99.00. Thanks

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 03:48 PM
Mel

Barb, haven't stayed there but I've been to Kauai and I think that property is close to a busy harbor? Might not be relaxing and quiet. Check the map and see if it's close to Nawiliwili (sp?) Harbor.....

Old Oct 14th, 1999, 06:10 AM
gtc

Was in Kauai in April. Hotels on east side were in pretty congested areas. We preferred with Poipu or Princeville areas.
If you budget is tight, try Waikomo Stream Villas. They are very nice very large (100 sq ft) condos for about $89 for 1 bedroom. Not on beach but you can walk to Sheraton. It is in Poipu area.
There is a nice shopping plaza nearby for shopping and dining.

Old Oct 14th, 1999, 06:11 AM
gtc

Was in Kauai in April. Hotels on east side were in pretty congested areas. We preferred Poipu or Princeville areas.
If your budget is tight, try Waikomo Stream Villas. They are very nice very large (1100 sq ft) condos for about $89 for 1 bedroom. Not on beach but you can walk to Sheraton. It is in Poipu area.
There is a nice shopping plaza nearby for shopping and dining.

Old Nov 1st, 1999, 07:33 AM
antoniette

Barb: I stayed at the Kauai Coconut Beach hotel a few years ago. It is a nice little hotel. Rooms very large and nicely furnished. The pool was a little small and it also had a jacuzzi. It has a nice restaurant and the hotel has a nightly luau. The beach is a little rough, with riptides. The location of the hotel is very good, with restaurants across the street, and it is close to the Coconut Plantation, with many shops and restaurants. Call us, we might have a better rate for the hotel. Call us at 1 877 219 7636. Antoniette