Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anybody have any ideas where I can fly to from the eastcoast to the West for memorial day weekend?

Search

Anybody have any ideas where I can fly to from the eastcoast to the West for memorial day weekend?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:38 AM
Karen

Want to go some place that is outdoor west beautiful like Montana, Arizona, and New Mexico. I only have those three days, want to fly the Friday evening and return Monday the 27 of May. It seems like most planes are connecting flights and they suck up a large portion of the day. I always know where to go in Europe for a long weekends but would love to go out west. Not interested in flying completely across country those options are obvious, like LA SFO and SEA. Any suggestions?

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:40 AM
Karen

I would be able to leave from Newark, JFK or LGA airports

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:44 AM
xx

VEGAS baby!

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:46 AM
Karen

xxx heh baby have you done this before?
Would be a goof although I was thinking more northern lights not city lights. So what was your experience in Vegas?

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:02 PM
xx

Never been to Vegas personally, but my brother who lives on the west coast loves the place. The way I see it, it would definitely be a hoot, it's a cheap trip (hotel and food-wise -- unless you gamble), it's not all that far and you get some groovy frequent flyer miles for your collection.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:12 PM
Karen

Found fares of 172 roundtrip on side step (Delta carrier). Only that was for a morning departure on that Friday.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:24 PM
xx

See? Pretty cheap for something that far. They tell me hotels are a bargain too and food costs next to nothing. Seems they just want you to gamble.

Was thinking about doing a trip like this myself on July 4.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:27 PM
Steph

Karen - check out Jet Blue's web site (www.jetblue.com). You might get some good ideas. They fly out of NY,
and have some destinations out west -
Denver, Salt Lake City. I believe all their flights are non-stop.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 02:35 PM
lizzy

I live in colo springs, co. fun town, it is 72 today. good place for a weekend. lot's of hiking, sightseeing, etc.
have fun