Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Any young people in Arizona? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/any-young-people-in-arizona-49738/)

gertie Jul 30th, 1999 11:29 AM

Any young people in Arizona?

Thinking about a trip to AZ. Is it all cottonheads these days, or are there places where the 30 somethings like to hang out?

Cal Jul 30th, 1999 11:09 PM

I don't know what you are looking for but there are plenty of young folks and action in Phoenix. BTW, I am curious what cottonheads are? Never heard that one before.

gertie Jul 31st, 1999 07:44 AM

Cal, <BR> <BR>You've never heard of cottonheads! Maybe you are one and didn't even know it.... Cottonheads are old people with grey or white hair. Parts of AZ and Florida are full of them.

Shagman Jul 31st, 1999 05:19 PM

As a resident of Arizona, I was about to clue you in on where to go and what to see out here. But I find your remarks about your seniors so insulting that I think I will simply let you stew where you are in your own juice.

Cal Aug 1st, 1999 05:09 AM

I am with you Shagman. We certainly do not need people like Gertie visiting our area of the world. I guess these small minded people think it is cute but in reality they are just rude classless people.

gertie Aug 3rd, 1999 10:10 AM

Cal and Shagman, <BR> <BR>You boys need to lighten up! Just because you're cottonheads doesn't mean you have to be so defensive. Don't they have senses of humor in AZ either?

sandi Aug 3rd, 1999 10:16 AM

It's not a sense of humor we are now discussing...but sense of etiquette! (not a 30 something, and proud of it i guess!)

martha python Aug 3rd, 1999 10:21 AM

I am a 30 something, and the gerties of this world are a vast embarrassment to us. Is there anything quite so delightful as someone who blows it, then, rather than admit it and apologize, goes on the even-more-offensive? <BR>

Al's Groupies Aug 3rd, 1999 11:11 AM

Al! You need to comment here... <BR>

gertie Aug 5th, 1999 05:50 AM

To all you cottonheads out there: stay in Arizona or go to Florida!!!!! Band together and the rest of us can have some fun. Leave your canes behind.

Emily Aug 5th, 1999 06:53 AM

I have news for you, my dear. One of these days you'll be looking in the mirror and -- SURPRISE! -- you'll have joined the club.

gertie Aug 5th, 1999 10:40 AM

At least I'll dye my hair so it won't be white as cotton!!!!

ilisa Aug 5th, 1999 11:27 AM

As a 30 year old woman, I am horribly embarrassed by this thread and want to apologize on behalf of all young people who were raised to have respect for others. I hope no one feels that this is a reflection on all people in our age group.

fran Aug 5th, 1999 02:59 PM

Gertie, <BR> <BR>Why don't you stop all of this NONsense and learn to treat other with respect. As you can see, this board is for serious, respectful people, get out.

fran Aug 5th, 1999 02:59 PM

Gertie, <BR> <BR>Why don't you stop all of this NONsense and learn to treat other with respect. As you can see, this board is for serious, respectful people, get out.

Cal Aug 5th, 1999 10:38 PM

We probably ought to terminate this thread. We just have to accept the fact that Gertie is a very rude, classless idiot. She obviously does not have the intelligence to participate in an adult manner on this or any other forum.

gertie Aug 7th, 1999 06:04 AM

Sorry to offend so many of you! I can tell AZ lacks a sense of humor, and I actually planned my vacation elsewhere. Good luck with tourism.

Where was the joke Aug 7th, 1999 11:52 PM

Is that a big cheer I hear coming out of AZ? <BR>

Al Aug 8th, 1999 12:48 PM

You betcha. One...and two...and three! <BR>(I leave the finger gestures to your imagination...but any good Italian will know what I mean.)

sandi Aug 8th, 1999 03:58 PM

Maybe gertie will tell the planet where the vacation will be, so we can start a thread called Gertie's going to...