I have to build a web app for a class and am looking for ideas; I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in a website that recommends cool day trips or weekend getaways in the Chicago area? We're thinking something that let's you check some boxes on what you're interested in doing (e.g. eating, hiking) and maybe some sliders that let you adjust what you want from the trip (e.g. adventure, culture) as well as price and distance, and then gives you a recommendation. We're also hoping to give personalized recommendations based on places you've been to and liked before. Does this sound like something you guys'd be interested in? Any feedback at all would be awesome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 2 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 3 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 4 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 5 Muir Woods - new rules
- 6 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 7 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 8 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 9 Padre Islands
- 10 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 11 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 12 NASHVILLE
- 13 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 14 4 days in San Diego
- 15 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 16 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 17 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 18 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 19 Family winter holiday
- 20 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 21 Galveston
- 22 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 23 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 24 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay
- 25 Train Journey, SFO to SEA
Any interest in a day trip recommendation app for Chicago?