Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any info on car rentals besides major ones i. e. Payless, Ace and Americar?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2000, 09:58 PM
Mame

I have been trying to get low rates on car rental. I see where there are cheap rates with names I have not heard about. Does anyone know anything about America, Payless and Ace car rentals. I usally try to stick with major names, but sometimes, the smaller companies are okay. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Old May 24th, 2000, 03:18 PM
parrotfish

It would help to know what city you are flying into to rent the car. Some smaller agencies in some towns are better than others.

Right now, Alamo has a 20% discount if you book your car online at their site www.alamo.com

Old May 24th, 2000, 04:27 PM
Val

Have you checked Travelocity yet?
Go to their site (travelocity.com) and click the rental cars. They list rates for several 'off-brand' companies, tell you where they're located relative to airport terminals, etc. The smaller company rates can be much cheaper.

Old May 27th, 2000, 11:39 AM
Mame

I am sorry but I am flying into Orlando. Going to Disney.

Old May 31st, 2000, 09:47 AM
suncloud

go to travelocity.com and do a search for InterAmerican Car Rental - the cars all American! GM cars and I got an unbelievable weekly rate! $109 wk for an intermediate car, Altima, Alero or Grand Am - only drawback: need $500 authorization on the credit card...