Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any indoor water parks in Twin Cities area?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 04:43 PM
Susan

My family and I (hubby, two young boys) will be in Minneapolis Fri-Sun after Thanksgiving. Hubby is going to Badger/Gopher game, and I'm trying like h*e*!*! to stay out of the Mall of America. Since an indoor water park is my boy's idea of heaven, I thought I'd try to find one to take them to. (Our hotel has a pool, but without the extra slides & whatnot, it will get old after a couple of hours.)

As an alternative, if my karma comes around to bite me in the butt for every rolling stop I've ever made and we DO end up at the MOA, does anyone know of anywhere to get discounts or coupons for Camp Snoopy? Maybe the Twin Cities Entertainment book?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 07:22 AM
Help

Anyone? Anyone?

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 07:55 AM
Bill I

Can't help you with indoor water parks in MN, but when we have been in Minneapolis for hockey tournaments & went to the Mall, I was able to use my AAA membership card to purchase tickets at a discount. I think it was the usuall 10% off. Go Badgers.

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 11:56 AM
Susan

Thanks, Bill. I have AAA should I need it. Go Badgers!

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 11:58 AM
rah

Bagders and Gophers???? Nice mascots.

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 04:45 PM
Karin

Susan,

I know of one indoor water park in the Twin Cities, there may be more, I'm not sure. However, there is a good one in the city of Shoreview, approximately 15 minutes north of downtown Minneapolis. You can read more the Tropics Water Park at http://www.ci.shoreview.mn.us/tropics/default.htm

Enjoy your trip!

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 06:01 AM
Susan

Thanks, Karin. I actually did an old-fashioned net search on Minneapolis last night and came up with the Shoreview park and one that is in downtown Mpls, at the Marriott Courtyard "at the Depot." This one costs 3x as much as Shoreview, so we'll probably head up there.

Hey, Rah, don't you know that Badgers are vicious little critters? Better that than the Holsteins or something else Bovine-related!

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 09:19 AM
xxx

The Wisconsin Dells is the best place to find indoor water parks. Plenty to choose from and there are a number of great deals to be found in the winter months.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 11:04 AM
xxxx

Yes but the Dells are not near Minneapolis, about 3-4 hours away. And if she is going to a Badger game, she is probably from the Madison area, which is only about 45 - 60 mins from Wisconsin Dells, & she probably already knows about the water parks in the Dells.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Susan

Thanks, XXXX, I couldn't have said it better myself (and you've got me pegged, although we're now living in Chicago!).

To xxx, thanks for your reply anyway. I couldn't agree more about the quality of water parks in the Dells. I'm one of those who can overlook the tackiness of certain aspects of the Dells and enjoy the rest.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Bill I

Susan,
I also live in the Chicago area now. Attended UW & then lived in Madison for another 8 years. I miss going to the football games, & also the Badger hockey games - had season tickets for hockey until about 2 years ago, but I have 2 hockey players of my own & don't have any time to get to Madison for games, so I gave up my 4 season tickets.
But I was lucky enough to get tickets & actually get in to the First Rose Bowl the Badgers won, back in 1994.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 02:23 PM
Susan

Bill, sounds like we have a lot in common! I grew up in Madison, and my family is still there. My husband and I have lived in Chicago for 13 years now, and I still miss it -- can't get back often enough!