Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any hotel with Park/ Shuttle/Fly from CT to JFK airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2007, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be driving from Boston to JFK for a flight. I would love to avoid the stress of driving into NY and stay somewhere perhaps in CT that has a Park/Shuttle/Fly into JFK or a hotel that has very easy public transportation to the airport. Any suggestions?

We are planning on leaving in the morning to make a 3:30 flight out of JFK so I would like the least amount of hassle. Thanks very much.
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 01:32 PM
J62

Unfortunately,

Park/Shuttle/Fly from CT to JFK does not exist - too far away.

Very easy public transportation from CT to JFK is an oxymoron.

Driving to JFK really isn't that much of a hassle from CT area, and a 3:30pm flight isn't peak traffic time.

You have 2 driving routes: I84/I684 directly to the Hutchinson Pkwy over the Whitestone Bridge, or I-95 to the Hutch.

After the Whitestone Bridge you follow I678 & Kennedy Airport signs directly to the airport.
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 01:40 PM

try buyreservations.com
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 04:15 PM

As long as you're going to JFK rather than midtown NYC it's probably easier to fly from Boston than to drive.

To make a 3:30 (presumably international) flight you would have to leave Boston by about 7am by car - not the way I would choose to spend the day - esp if you run into bad weather (you don;t say when you're traveling) or construction. (Normal fast road time is 4 hours under good conditions, but to make a flight you need to allow for delays - since being late is not an option.)
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. nytraveler: It actually isn't an international flight but the reason we aren't flying out of Boston instead is because we will save about $200/ticket. It is amazing the difference in price is so huge domestically between Boston and NY.

We will plan to leave very early and it will be a very long day of travel.

I came upon the Marriott Fairfield at JFK and they have a good package for leaving our car so I think that is what we are going to do. We will stay there the night we return and I can use points for the hotel stay and pay $10 per night for parking, $8 the night we stay.