which hotel willard, monaco, or hay adams

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am taking my three sons 7,13, 17 in april for sightseeing. i would like a luxurious hotel (nice sheets, comforters and pillows) but in the 350 a night range. these look like the best in that range - also need a big room - is hay adams too small?
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 03:49 PM

Our family of 4 loved our stay at the Willard over Christmas. Can't beat the location. Bedding was fabulous, room was large. Had a great deal via their website. We would return in a second. Have also stayed at St. Regis but liked Willard better.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 03:54 PM
emd

The monaco has a very high "cool" factor. I've put clients up there and had colleagues stay there and have seen the rms. The ceilings are very high in the rooms, which makes the rooms seem bigger than they are, and they are pretty big anyway. It is down the street from the spy museum and several good restaurants (jaleos for tapas, rosa mexicana is right there, and several good places down the street towards MCI center and chinatown. I don't know the rooms at the Hay Adams. Willard has been reviewed pretty extensively recently on this forum.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 04:07 PM

the hay adams or the willard; definitely not the monaco. if you think your sons would enjoy a genuinely "cool" hotel, and you want the luxury, try the Ritz Carlton in Georgetown. it's contemporary without feeling like a trend, has a terrific location in the center of georgetown, and a good concierge who can get you anywhere. otherwise, the hay adams. pearl bailey (among many other celebrity guests over time) used to stay there whenever she was in town to perform for nixon, and it's the power breakfast location of choice for white house officials and media stars. ask for a room overlooking the white house.
jack nargil is an excellent concierge.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 02:30 PM

With kids, I'd pick the Willard for ambiance and location. Monaco is a bit odd and Hay-Adams is not really for kids. Wonderful for adults!