Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any good B &B's or hotels to stay in Vermont?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

want to see the fall foliage next weekend!!
Burlington preferably!!!
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 05:43 PM
bm

Next weekend meaning Columbus Day weekend? Hands down the most popular weekend for leaf-peepers and the majority of places get booked months in advance. In Burlington itself, the best place to stay is the RAdisson. OUtside of town are many more chain-type establishments. The Willard Street Inn in Burlington looks nice from the outside and is located adjacent to the Champlain College campus in a residential neighborhood. The Basin Harbor Club near Vergennes is located right on Lake Champlain..they have a website. Check out www.vermontvacation.com for more ideas...
Foliage should be great in the Burlington area Columbus Day weekend! It's still fairly green now, but lots of cold nights in the forcast which is what we need to get the colors going.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 05:54 PM
bm

Here's another website to check out...

http://www.availabilityonline.com/avail.asp

Old Sep 30th, 2003, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

thanks guys! I will definitely look into the website and the hotel!! I appreciate it!!
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 02:46 AM

See if you can get a room at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe-- GREAT place to stay--

and Ben and Jerry's is located in town..

Should be prime time for leaves!
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 04:30 AM
gc

Another area to try is the Mad River Valley...south of Stowe and home to Mad River Glen, Sugarbush and a s!@#load of cows.

Check http://www.madrivervalley.com/lodging/index.htm for rooms.
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 05:11 AM

You may have a tough time finding a place to stay at this late date. Also realize that Burlington is a city - it is not the best place for seeing the Vermont countryside (it's a very beautiful city however). There are countless inns, b&b's and farmhouse rooms throughout the state, along with dozens of motels near the larger ski areas such as Killington, Stowe, Mt. Snow, etc. Do some web searches on Vermont ski areas, which should list a lot of places to stay. Good luck in your search!
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 11:02 AM

I have stayed at both the Lang House and the Willard Street Inn. Both were wonderful! Very quaint and pretty, and within walking distance of downtown Burlington. Another place worth checking out is Shelburne Farms. I've never stayed there but did have one of my most memorable dinners there (made my "top five" list!) and the scenery was breathtaking.
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 11:07 AM

We stayed years ago at: The Inn at Sawmill Farm. It is beautiful. I believe it's not far from Burlington,VT. It's in a town called West Dover, VT....check it out. I think one has to book far in advance...

Good luck...Vermont is beautiful in the Fall.
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 11:10 AM

If you want to stay in Southern Vermont (not far from Manchester and Stratton), the best place would be Three MOuntains INn in Jamaica, VT.
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 11:46 AM

sunnydelite:

Try the Cortina Inn just outside Rultand Vermont. Very nice accomodations with country breakfast. You can drive to Queechee and Woodstock. Also take a peak at Killington Vermont.

Rutland itself has many places to stay if the Cortina is booked...and it might be booked at that time!
John
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 12:24 PM

We got married at the Hickory Ridge House in Putney, VT. It's a bit north of Brattleboro. We're headed there for our first anniversary this weekend. We love it there - check out their site - www.hickoryridgehouse.com