Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any fun restaurants with good food around Scottscale AZ?

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 11:01 AM
sue chung

Hi,

I'll be in Scottsdale AZ for a few days. My travel companions will consist of three married couples in their late 20's. I am welcome to any good spots for dining and drinking in Scottsdale or in the nearby areas.

Thanks!

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 11:16 AM
kam

The Pink Pony in Old Scottsdale is great fun and good steaks/hamburgers etc. Old Scottsdale is fun to browse the galleries and jewelry stores. Somebody, please help-----I want to recommend a very old, roadhouse style restaurant, outside of Scottsdale that serves wonderful brunches with cinnamon rolls to die for, but I can't remember the name. Any hotel could tell you though. It's in a residential neighborhood between two of the famous mountains and pretty close to the Phoenician hotel. Hope you can find it.

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 08:03 PM
Karen

I think Kam might be referring to El Chorro, good for lunch and dinner and does serve sticky buns...if you are here when it is cool enough, sitting outside is really nice..El Chorro has been here for over 60 years. I really like The Pink Pony, but think it is a bit for the older set. You might like Carlsbad Tavern at Hayden and Osborn or Coyote Grill on Bell and Scottsdale Rd. For Mexican food, Macayo, on Scottsdale Rd., north of Shea Blvd....you also might Rawhide in far north Scottsdale.

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 09:22 AM
amy

We just spent a week and a half in Scottsdale a couple of months ago and these were out picks.

Chart House and Ruth's Chris - both chains but great steak and Chart House and great seafood.

Houston's - also a chain but great ribs and food

Z-Tejas - fantastic for southwestern. We stayed at the Hyatt and they recommentded it and they were right on target. We went there 3 nights, ordered different food everytime and it was fantastic.

Brunch - They Hyatt had the most fantastic Sunday brunch. You actually went in the kitchen and they had sushi, fresh fish, a raw bar, pasta, eggs made to order including eggs benedict. A little pricey but one of the nicest brunches we have been to.

Drinks - on Thursday through Saturday at the Hyatt they have a guitar player, Esteban, who is wonderful. He plays outside and they have full bars set up with 5 to 6 different types of sangria and obviously any other drink. Very pleasant and relaxing.

Hope this helps.

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 10:18 AM
kam

Karen, yes! It was El Chorro! Thanks for that.