Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Any Fodorites attending the ABQ Balloon Fiesta in October? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/any-fodorites-attending-the-abq-balloon-fiesta-in-october-733237/)

BeachGirl247 Aug 31st, 2007 01:53 PM

Any Fodorites attending the ABQ Balloon Fiesta in October?

There are a few of us attending this years Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque Oct 5th through 14th.

I'll be in ABQ Friday afternoon through Sunday morning (Oct 5-7) and then heading north to Santa Fe for a few days (8-11th).

I believe Moldyhotelsaregross, Travel_Addict and ElendilPickle will be there but I don't know their dates.

Any fodorites in town and anyone up for a GTG New Mexico style??
Sheila

DebitNM Aug 31st, 2007 03:00 PM

We may be down too. I have a pilot that I crew for, so if anyone wants a more hands on experience, let me know.

Debi

BeachGirl247 Sep 1st, 2007 06:51 AM

Great Debi!! Do you know your dates yet or are you still in the planning stages? Crewing sounds so fun.

ElendilPickle Sep 1st, 2007 12:49 PM

I'll be in town October 5th-7th, and I'd love to get together!

Lee Ann

travel_addict Sep 1st, 2007 01:40 PM

As of now, I have a condo reserved in Santa Fe 10.7 - 10.13, but I may come in a few days before or after and stay in ABQ. I'm still looking into flights - no need to rush these things. ;)

BeachGirl247 Sep 2nd, 2007 03:11 PM

It's looking good for a gtg!

Moldy, you have mail.

nnrobnz Sep 2nd, 2007 05:11 PM

I don't know if I can call myself a "Fodorite," frankly. Mostly I check in every now & again and if I have anything to offer, I do.

However -- I live in Santa Fe and would LOVE to gather if you all make a plan for Oct - count me in!

moldyhotelsaregross Sep 4th, 2007 06:54 PM

*a sleepy reminder to myself to read and post tomorrow*

:)

BeachGirl247 Sep 4th, 2007 07:30 PM

nnrobnz, welcome and of course, you are a fodorite! Are you able to travel to ABQ? Or are you available for a Santa Fe gtg?

Glad to hear from you Moldy! :)

moldyhotelsaregross Sep 5th, 2007 01:49 PM

Woohoo! Just a month to go!

So, any advice on how to get my best friend to say "Oh yes! I would love to have a GTG while in Abq."

She isn't a Fodorite.

BeachGirl247 Sep 5th, 2007 02:01 PM

28 days 21 hours before departure.....but who's counting! Only me who is sooo in need of R&R in New Mexico!!

Moldy, you could always bring her to the gtg and then be completely surprised we're there!! "Why I had no idea!"

Or you could fill 'er up with a margarita or two and then tell her!

good luck.

moldyhotelsaregross Sep 5th, 2007 02:04 PM

BeachGirl - You are a smartie!

I'm still working on her.

ElendilPickle Sep 5th, 2007 02:05 PM

BeachGirl, I emailed you a couple of days ago. :-)

Lee Ann

BeachGirl247 Sep 5th, 2007 07:21 PM

Got your email, LeeAnn. Was waiting for a group response from Debi, et al.

I'm a go! Just waiting for more details!

Am I going to miss the chile roasters?? :((

moldyhotelsaregross Sep 7th, 2007 12:52 PM

What are chile roasters?

ElendilPickle Sep 7th, 2007 02:11 PM

Someone should still be roasting chile - which reminds me, I need to get some.

Moldy, have you missed this particular delight of fall in New Mexico? Almost every grocery store and roadside stand has someone roasting green chile in a big mesh barrel. You buy your bag of chile, they dump it in and roast it for you. The aroma is incredible!

Lee Ann

nnrobnz Sep 7th, 2007 04:53 PM

Hey BeachGirl - thanks for asking. Of course I am able to get to Albuquerque, altho a Santa Fe gathering would be more to my liking. Also, I am thinking of doing a very late date for planning trip somewhere. Early Oct would be great. Let me know what evolves.......email for me:[email protected].....

travel_addict Sep 8th, 2007 01:33 PM

Hey... how about a GTG in Santa Fe AND Albuquerque?? Anything for an excuse to drink another margarita... ;)

BTW, I'm at heidi623atgmaildotcom

BeachGirl247 Sep 9th, 2007 05:57 PM

I'm up for both ABQ and Santa Fe!

I am moving this week so I won't be online much if any. Hope I survive. I had no idea how much stuff we have.

Keep the planning going! ;)

Marianna Sep 13th, 2007 03:45 PM

I will be in SF - a much needed break from recent events in my life - from the 3rd to the 7th. Not sure I'll be able to meet, but if you like to shop, eat and drink margaritas, then I'm sure our paths will cross.

We are those Fodor's pins when we need them???