Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any comments on the Royal Lahaina (Maui) for a honeymoon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 09:48 AM
JRM

We are thinking about staying at the Royal Lahaina for 7 nights during our honeymoon stay at the end of August. We would welcome any comments/suggestions about this...

Thanks

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 10:19 AM
Irene

I stayed there for five days on my own honeymoon in '95. We chose it primarily because we could afford the oceanfront rooms and it's right on the beach.It's great to sit on your balcony and watch the sun set over the Pacific ocean. You can see Lanai and Molokai from there. The beach doesn't have lots of coral which makes it good for swimming(watch that drop off, though!) We found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. I don't know what the non-oceanfront rooms are like. While it's not ultra-luxurious, it's not a dump either(at least it wasn't 3 years ago. We went back there twice more after our first vist and were happy with the rooms. The breakfast buffet that comes with some of the rooms is so-so but that was our only complaint.
Feel free to e-mail me if you have any more questions.

Regards,
Rene

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 11:59 AM
Joseph

Frankly, I don't think the Royal Lahaina is honeymoon material. So much of the place is tired & run down, and in need of refurbishing. I've heard a lot of complaints about the place recently . Instead, I'd go for the Renaissance Wailea or Outrigger Wailea on the Entertainment Card at half-price.. Everything SO MUCH nicer for the money.

Good luck,

Joe

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 12:26 PM
Beverly

I think Irene gave a very accurate description. I also honeymooned there in '95. My room was nice nothing luxurious, just nice. The water sports that were included had a lot to be desired. I can't really complain, because the price was in our budget, and our room was nice.

I hope you have a good time wherever you.

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 03:50 PM
Teri

This is where we stayed during our honeymoon in '97 because of budget constraints. I wasn't satisfied with our first room (non smoking, but very musty smell), and requested another room. The front desk was never very helpful and things took forever. It's in need of refurbishing. I'd definitely go for something else if you can swing it.