Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Any Christmas Day Brunches In Chicago Area?
Notices

Any Christmas Day Brunches In Chicago Area?

Nov 25th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

Any Christmas Day Brunches In Chicago Area?

We are going to be in the northwest suberbs of Chicago on December 24 - 26. I've been looking online to see if I can find any Christmas Day brunches - but I came up empty....

Does anyone know of any restaurants that will be open on Christmas day in the Chicago area? Also, do you know of anything else that might be open (i.e. shows, things to do, etc.) - or will it be a long TV day in the hotel?

Thanks!
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:46 PM

Hi, moezbud.

I have a colleague who goes to Reza's every Christmas, up in Andersonville (North Clark street) -- I've always liked the food and atmosphere at that location.

But I also did a search of opentable.com to see who might be open and a couple looked great - Nomi and The Pump Room would both be wonderful. Also, the Drake Hotel's Cape Cod Room, I believe, is open on Christmas. You can do a search yourself to see what might appeal and post for reccos if you narrow it down to a few.

On the day, unfortunately, can't think of much that will be on offer. A walk through Millenium Park if the weather isn't awful, or a movie at the River East 21 or the AMC Theater at 600 N. Michigan, but maybe someone else will have a more interesting option.
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:51 PM

The brunch at NoMi is exceptional. I would book it quickly if you're intwrested.

Search this Thread