Anniversary dinner in Santa Fe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for suggestions for our anniversary dinner in October. Would prefer New Mexican cuisine. Thanks!
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 04:49 AM

There was a post similar to this yesterday, in which a number of people suggested some fine restaurants. You might want to do a search for it.

For an anniversary, I'd recommend either Paul's, SantaCafe or the Plaza Cafe. All are upscale places, romantic and have great food.

There's also the restaurant at the Inn of the Anasazi, but frankly the last couple of times I ate there the food wasn't up to snuff. But it is a romantic place.
Old May 16th, 2003, 11:12 AM

For an anniversary dinner, try Geronimo, but ask for a quiet table - NOT in the back, or Bistro 315 (my favorite).
Old May 16th, 2003, 11:24 AM
E

My three favorites from our trip were: Geronimo, La Casa Sena (not the opera cafe but the restaurant), and an Italian place called, I believe, Daniel. All three had wonderful food and atmosphere, although Geronimo is a bit more sleek and the other two are more traditionally romantic. None are excatly New Mexican cuisine, although Geronimo and Casa Sena are inflected with it; the New Mexican restuarants tend to be more informal than "anniversary dinner" would suggest...unless you'd like less formal?
Old May 16th, 2003, 11:47 AM

Kinda what E just said, the nice/fancier restaurants in Santa Fe don't feature New Mexican cuisine.

A possible restaurant for you to try is The Shed. It's the one place I insist on going whenever I'm vising home.

The ambience isn't as lofty as other places but it's reasonably nice, and the food, well the red chile is right on.

It's probably the nicest place you can dine out and still get New Mexican cuisine.
Old May 16th, 2003, 11:58 AM
E

Oh man, these Santa Fe food threads just KILL me--what I wouldn't give for dinner at the Shed tonight!
Old May 19th, 2003, 08:34 AM

I'm leaving Friday! I'll eat some Shed food for all of you!!