Anniversary dinner in Portland, OR

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 12:26 AM
Shadow

Anniversary dinner in Portland, OR

We are taking a trip from Ca to Seattle and will probably be in Portland for our 20th anniversary. We would love to have a great dinner in a romantic restaurant. We love most types of food but especially seafood, French and continental menus. We have never been to Portland before.
What are your suggestions?
Thank you very much!
Shadow

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 04:07 AM
Alana

The Heathman Hotel has a nice French restaurant.

http://www.heathmanhotel.com/heathma...rant/index.htm

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Sara

Was there in Sept. visiting friends who took us to a very nice french restaurant called Les Amis I believe. The food and wine were very good as was the staff. It is a very romantic place but you should probably make a reservation.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 07:30 AM
beachbum

Sara is probably referring to Cafe des Amis, and she's right, it's a nice place for an anniversary dinner. Others worth consideration are:
L'Auberge - French
Caprial's - NW Bistro
Jake's - Seafood
Blue Hour - NW Fusion

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 08:20 AM
de

Absolutely love the food at Jake's. Request a table in the back room, where it's quieter and more romantic.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 08:42 AM
sightseer

If you're looking for good food with a view, you might want to consider the Portland City Grill. It's situated on the top floor of the tallest office building in downtown. Plan on making reservations around sunset, so you can take in the view of the entire vista.

The Benson Hotel is one of the nicer hotels in downtown. Depending on which night you're in town, they have live jazz in the lounge a few nights a week.

Congratulations on your 20th anniversary!

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 09:33 AM
xcx

Here's your post, Shadow. Limited list to OREGON, and there it was.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Shadow

Oh geez, thanks! (I could not find my post earlier-duh!)
Thanks too for all the great suggestions. Now I have somewhere to start checking!
Also, thanks for the support!
Shadow

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Kris

Try the Red Star (GREAT breakfasts & lunches too), downtown across the street (north) of Meier & Frank. Jake's is also fantastic!

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Pam

Here's another vote for the bluehour.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 08:04 AM
pdx

Another vote for the Portland City Grill. Awesome view and great food.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 08:40 PM
lisa

Check into Salty's on the Columbia River. It's a ways from the downtown but has lovely river views and good food. It is especially romantic at sundown, looking west over the river. If you go there, ask to have a table with a great view. (PS Forget the sundown advise if you go in winter. It will likely be dark and you might not see much even in daylight.)

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Jeff

Salty's? Always has reminded me of a chain type restaurant. Maybe on par with TGIFridays. Not a place for a romantic evening out.

Portland City Grill has the best view in town. Food's pretty damn good too. Kind of a upscale rustic Pacific Northwest Lodge atmosphere.