Reload this Page >

Annapolis sites& restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 1998, 12:10 PM
Lynne

Going to Annapolis on Oct 14-17 for boat show, staying at Marriott Waterfront. Have never been in the area before- any suggestions for restaurants and sightseeing (when we're not in boat show?) Any must-see shops ? Any great golf courses ? Appreciate any info you can offer!

Old Sep 30th, 1998, 04:08 AM
Charlene

Great Sunday brunch at Buddy's Crab House, foot of the hill. Try the barbecue beef at the Fleet Club and cheap drinks. Pretty good seafood chowder too. It's also a good meeting place. Have fun.

Old Sep 30th, 1998, 06:03 AM
mary

Carroll's creek cafe is supposed to be very nice - - always gets rave reviews in the local write-ups.

Old Sep 30th, 1998, 06:39 AM
dave

Try Carroll's Creek Cafe, its across the bridge in Eastport actually right in a marina, but great food. If you venture down that block, 4th Street I think, there is a great bar called Davis' Pub, whihc has awesome crab dip. As for golfing, go across the Bay Bridge and golf at Queenstown, great course. Its on the left at the 301-50 split.

Old Sep 30th, 1998, 09:12 AM
wes fowler

Lynne,
I'll forward a lengthy Email directly to you regarding sites to see and places to go in Annapolis. You can take a virtual tour of Annapolis at www.capitalonline.com. There is a tremendous amount of history in Annapolis coupled with one of America's most stunning campuses, the U.S. Naval Academy which certainly warrants a tour.

For dining, consider the following. At the City Dock, Riordan's and McGarvey's are popular "pub"-type informal restaurants guaranteed to be crowded with boat show folks. Riordan's has a small pleasant dining room upstairs above the pub that has a more sophisticated menu than below. Halfway up Main Street on the left side of the street as you walk to Church Circle is the Cafe Normandie an excellent, reasonably priced French restaurant. At the top of Main Street in the historic Maryland Inn is the restaurant "Treaty of Paris", expensive and worth it. One of Annapolis' finest restaurants is located just outside of the historic district. It's the Northwoods; check the yellow pages for address and phone.

There are two golf courses in towns immediately adjacent to Annapolis and closer than Queenstown across the Bay. The Bay Hills Golf Course is in Arnold, just to the north of Annapolis; the Eisenhower public course is in Crownsville, just to the west of Annapolis.

Email me if you have any questions, though I think the lengthy note I'll send may answer all of them.

Old Oct 3rd, 1998, 09:57 PM
Jackie

Wes, the previous poster, may have told all in his E-mail but if not let me add the William Pacca House.A wonderfully restored private home and garden in the historic area.It is a great walking town-every street has something to catch your attention.Have a lovely weekend.