Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anaheim - What to see & do other than Disneyland?

Old May 5th, 2000, 05:02 AM
Marie

We will be staying in Anaheim in the fall for a meeting (1st time California)and want to see some "sights" other than Disneyland (we live near DisneyWorld & assume they are similar). I've read of Knott's Berry Farm but nothing else. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old May 5th, 2000, 06:26 AM
tom

Disneyland is similar to MK, but of course lacks everything else WDW has to offer.

Within 30 min drive of Anaheim, is the Long Beach Aquarium. This is a flashy, fascinating aquarium that opened a couple of years ago.

Old May 5th, 2000, 09:41 AM
kam

You can drive over to Newport Beach and then down to Laguna Beach if you'd like to see the So.Cal beach scene. Laguna has some nice shops and galleries. You can also take I5 and visit Pasadena, an old part of LA with its "Old Town" area, Norton Simon Museum and Huntington Library in San Marino. As long as you go during the day and not during rush hour, there are lots of things within day trip distance to Anaheim. Unless you have young children with you, Knotts Berry Farm is just another amusement park.

Old May 5th, 2000, 11:55 PM
Cal

Knott's Berry farm is worth visiting if you are into amusement parks. I prefer it to Disney.

Old May 6th, 2000, 04:34 AM
Lily

I am not from CA so my suggestions might sound more touristy but the drive down the coast toward San Diego is really fun with lots of stops along the way. I really enjoyed shopping in the towns along the way. Also, most people from CA would probally disagree but.....for a really interesting day you can't beat Tiajuana!!!! We always have alot of fun taking in all the sights!!!! Just be careful where you stop to eat, drink or use the restroom!!!