Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Anaheim Restaurant (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/anaheim-restaurant-385875/)

CarolinOz Jun 27th, 2008 02:59 PM

Anaheim Restaurant

Dear Fodors Forum,

Can you provide some advice? I will be attending a conference at the Anaheim Hilton in early August. I need to organize dinner at a local restaurant for about 15 people. Here are my broad parameters:

1. Restaurant must be within easy access (walking or a short cab ride) from the Anaheim Hilton.

2. Must be able to accommodate a group of 15 comfortably -- a private room or separate area is a plus.

3. We have at least a couple of dedicated vegetarians so I need a mixed menu (I'm eliminating steakhouses for example).

4. My budget is roughly $150 per person (including wine and gratuity).

5. Dinner is on a Sunday evening.

Since I don't know Anaheim at all, I'd really appreciate some recommendations!

Carol

flowers4u Jun 27th, 2008 06:44 PM

I attended a party at "The White House" in Anaheim and it was very nice and sounds like it may be what your looking for.Has private rooms and the food was excellent. There were a lot of limo's coming and going. They may be furnished if you have large enough party. A good variety of food on the menu. If you go, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

smagamble Jun 27th, 2008 06:49 PM

You might want to look into the Disney Resort Califorian Hotel. It's in the general area and very lovely, built in the California Craftsman style. There are several restaurants, the top of the line being the Napa Rose. They have a convention center, so I imagine they have private dining rooms as well. The grounds are beautiful and with Disney the service is always first class. There also is a new area in downtown Anaheim, I think it's called Anaheim Walk, or City Walk. Lots of chain restaurants, Cheesecake Factory, Wolfgang Puck, etc. Also a hawaiian seafood upscale place called Roy's (I think). The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce could probably give you more ideas.Good Luck!

Cali Jun 27th, 2008 10:18 PM

We have been to many dinners at Napa Rose in the Disney Grand Californian and it is very good. I also really like Mr. Stox. Haven't been to the White House but have heard good things.

kimamom Jun 28th, 2008 08:36 AM

Napa Rose at the Grand Californian was very good when we dined there last Dec. to celebrate a 26th anniversary, it was very relaxing after a full day in Disneyland, then it was off to Laguna Beach for 3 nights! ***kim*** ((*))

mlgb Jun 28th, 2008 09:12 AM

I don't recall that Napa Rose has a private dining room, but it would certainly be worth calling and seeing if they can arrange something.

They would be busy in August so I'd call right away.

rjw_lgb_ca Jun 28th, 2008 09:30 AM

I'd venture that Napa Rose does have a private dining room-- or can arrange separate accomodations for the party somewhere onsite.

The Grand Californian hosted a small offsite conference for my firm a couple of years ago, and did a wonderful job.

Anaheim is a bit under-served vis-à-vis good non-chain dining, but Napa Rose is an outstanding restaurant.