Search

Amelia island too hot the end of July??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2008, 05:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amelia island too hot the end of July??

Hi everyone!!

Does anyone have any experience going to Amelia Island in the middle of the summer? Is it unbearably hot and humid? I am afraid I am picking the wrong time of year to go. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also, on the same note, could anyone recommend a beach resort comparable to the Ritz on Amelia Island for a summer vacation where it is not as hot.

Thanks so much in advance.
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 06:35 PM

Pretty much all of Florida is unbearably hot and humid in the summer! I've lived here 22 years and still dream of going to the mountains for the summers!
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

That's what I was afraid of!! Do you know of any beach resorts further up on the east coast?
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM

The thing about Amelia Island that keeps it from being totally unbearable is the ocean wind.
Inland is terrible but we lived in Jacksonville for a year and a half and spent a lot of time on Amelia Island.

July all along the East Coast is pretty hot, Maryland is terrible, anywhere South is awful ... I would go to the NY beaches but you won't be able to get anything probably...
How about Montreal?

If you are going to a beach resort for a summer holiday, it is going to be hot. Just be sure it is on the beach/ocean and has good a/c.
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 07:47 PM
Original Poster

Scarlett, Thanks so much for your advice. I guess we will be OK being that we are looking at the Ritz and it is on the ocean. By the way, are there nice beaches in Montreal or were you just kidding. If there are it sounds like a good option.
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 08:21 PM

lol, slightly kidding. We lived in NY and went to Montreal in August sometimes. It is warm and humid but it is still not bad at all in the summer..but no ocean

The Ritz is just so beautiful and the pools are too

There are little islands nearby that are National Parks and their beaches are nice and usually almost deserted. There is a cool plantation that has been restored and is fun to tour..and there are plenty of good/fun places to eat on Amelia , in Fernandina Beach and in Jax.

You will have fun
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 09:37 PM

We have been to the Ritz on Amelia Island in both July and Aug. and loved it both times. Have a great trip.
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 02:44 AM

The inlaws lived on Amelia Island for a dozen years, and we spent many July 4th holidays there. I'm not a big fan of heat and humidity either, but I never really found it that uncomfortable there. As Scarlett says, the breeze helps a lot.
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 05:20 AM
WannabeinaMontserrat

It doesn't matter where you go on the East Coast, in July (& August) it will be hot & humid. My favorite time to go is October.