Reload this Page >

Ambassador Hotel or Olivier House Hotel in NO

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2002, 12:16 AM
Jasmine

Going to NO in November. Got a quote of $59 from the Ambassador Hotel, $19 fee for parking. Also got a quote of $89 from the Olivier House Hotel on Toulouse St. in the FQ. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? I have researched and the Ambassador has received so/so reviews. Not much either way on the Olivier House.

Safety is an issue as I am a single parent traveling with three teenagers. Thanks

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:14 AM

ttt

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:40 AM
susan

You can get LOTS of information about the Ambassador Hotel by doing a search of this board. Comments vary, but there were several complaining about the rooms not being clean and the service not being very good. I haven't checked the Olivier House Hotel, but you might find information about it too.

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:39 AM
jasmine

The only significant thing I found about the Olivier House Hotel was dated Jan. 2000. Does anyone have any current information?

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:48 AM
lena

I have stayed at the Ambassador. The rooms for 4 people were quite small, in my opinion. Also although the converted warehouse look (exposed beams and brick) is neat, our room faced onto an interior hallway and was very dark. Combined with the small size, it was too much like a cave. I felt the neighborhood was safe though.

Have you checked the prices at the Embassy Suites? It tends to be a bit more expensive, but there is extra living space so it's a little less crowded. Also a full breakfast is included in the rate. The Embassy Suites in NO is maybe a 15 min walk from the FQ - I felt quite safe there as well.

Good luck - NO is a lot of fun.

Old May 27th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Ben

I remember the Olivier House. It used to be owned by some people named Danner, I believe. Back in the early 70s lots of foreign musicians would stay there because t was central & inexpensive. I haven't been there in forever but a friend is a tour guide. She checked it out a while back & said it was dark & smelled "off". I wonder if there isn't somewhere else that would be close in price. Do you need 2 rooms? I would suggest the Maison Dupuy on Toulouse. They have a Jr suite if you need 2 rooms. Also they have covered parking.