Amazing Race new series starts tonight!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heads Up! On CBS at 8 pm. That's approximately right now for you on the right coast; those of us on the left coast have a few hours to wait.
Old Nov 4th, 2007, 10:14 PM

Yay! I had to record it and will watch it later tonight. Why did this one take so long to come out (or it only seems that way)?
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 03:25 AM

I think we were lucky it came on this early - it was planned for airing later but was brought on to fill the cancelled Viva Laughlin. It does seem to take forever for a new race to happen.

Old Nov 5th, 2007, 03:55 AM

I set the VCR to tape it, but a football game must have run long, because I got the last half of 60 minutes, and only the first half of AR. Darn!!
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 08:47 AM

abram - come into the 21st century and get TiVo (or any DVR, but I am partial to TiVo) and you wont have issues recording shows when the time slips anymore

Anybody got any comments about the show yet?

I was very disturbed by those teams yelling at the donkeys. Ummm...hello...these are living beings and should be treated with some measure of decency, esspecially if you want them to do something for you. I wouldn't want to go anywhere with people who yell and scream like lunatics either.

In general, there seemed to be a fair amount of teams freaking out and yelling at each other very early in this race this time around.

Old Nov 5th, 2007, 10:08 AM

I just have to jump in to say that my Tivo did exactly what abram's VCR did. But from past experience I know to record the show that comes on right after it during football season. Here's hoping for a great season!
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 10:21 AM

seashell, I was going to say the same thing. Our DVR does that too, so my husband sets it to tape the show that comes on afterward also since football always runs over. Looks like there's going to be lots of drama this year!
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 11:31 AM

On my DVR, once I pick the program to record, I have options to add to the begin the record time as well as the end the record time. For AR, I have it set to record an extra hour. By setting it this way, I won't be automatically recording the show that follows AR even if AR isn't on, and I won't miss anything if a different show is out in after AR.
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 11:39 AM

Don't give a whit about it....once watched the finale because my husband's boss's niece and nephews won. (from Cinci)

I did see the promo and there's a family from my hometown of Louisville who are punks with pink hair, etc. That looks great for us......NOT
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Ag3046

To each their own, LLindaC. I find TAR is great for breaking down prejudices about people based on their appearances.

Old Nov 5th, 2007, 02:42 PM

Linda, there's another post running about AR, and the goths are turning out to be everyone's favorites. They seem really fun.
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 03:06 PM

I've never had problems with our TiVo not recording shows that have shifted times due to schedule changes. It always picks up the change.

I wonder why there is the difference between my experience and other people's.
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 03:23 PM
dmlove

J Correa, you're talking apples and oranges, that's why. If AR is scheduled for 9:00 and they change the schedule to 10:00, it will get picked up. But if it's scheduled for 9:00 and the football game runs over to 9:30 (supposed to end at 9:00), you'll get 1/2 an hour of football (9-9:30) and 1/2 an hour of AR (9:30-10) missing the end of AR. TiVo doesn't know that football ran over its alloted time frame.

Old Nov 5th, 2007, 03:46 PM

There's a thread on the Lounge. The "goths" are really cool actually unless they show another side as the weeks progress. I really like them a lot. Some other teams are calling them names. but the Karma will come, just like last night....steal someone elses cab and treat your donkey like garbage and guess what? You're the first team out.
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 06:08 PM

Okay....sorry if you misunderstood my statement but people who dress and act to the extreme are well aware that they are doing so. One girl on Extreme Makeover was from Louisville and she was all goth. Then, on the other side KY people are depicted as toothless hicks (Fire Down Below, etc) For goodness sakes, Diane Sawyer is from here...

I didn't watch the show and am not going to watch it.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 08:35 AM

Linda - you don't have to watch AR if you don't want to. No one here is going to force it on you, promise
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 08:56 AM

I'm always amazed at people who slam their minds shut and then brag about it.

Go in peace, Linda. I'm going to enjoy this show. You enjoy yours and leave the Goths and anyone else who makes you wrinkle up your "eeeuw" nose to those who appreciate content more than form.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 09:32 AM

Linda-No one is making you watch AR and no one is making you post on this thread. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion although it saddens me to see people judged by how they look and not how they act.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 10:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Linda, First, the goths are not a "family". The season your husband's boss's niece and nephews won was the one and only - thank goodness - Family Season. It was the worst season of TAR ever, though I like the winners.

I don't think the goths this season went on TAR as representatives of Louisville, KY. None of the teams is representing anyone or anything but themselves. Until you posted, I had no interest in where they came from, but now you've made me wonder. Maybe you are all like that. LOL!
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 10:14 AM

Oh geez, that family season was terrible. How much footage of people driving around can we take?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -